23. I See You.

Leona Lewis - I See You.

Clarke couldn't remember the last time she felt so content. But laying in the safety and comfort of Bellamy's strong arms, she was feeling pretty good. His fingers lazily rubbed up and down her arm, occasionally causing a shiver to run down her spine. He laid on his back, her head rested on his chest, listening to the steady thump of his heartbeat. Clarke was more than content right now, she was almost happy. There was still the fear of Cage lodged into the back of her mind, but for now she pushed it aside and focused on Bellamy's calm breathing.

The two of them laid in silence, simply enjoying the others company. This was becoming somewhat of a habit for the pair. Every night they'd enter their own rooms but it wouldn't take long for one of them to slip into the others room and climb under the sheets. Clarke thought back to the first night she'd gone to him, the night after they'd first slept together.

"Night Bellamy." Clarke smiled as she opened her bedroom door.

"Night Princess." Bellamy returned her smile, turning towards his own room.

Clarke entered her room and slowly closed the door behind her. She leant back against it, letting her head fall back. She released a long sigh before walking over to her dresser and pulling out an old tshirt and some shorts to change into. Once she was dressed, she climbed into bed and laid down. The bed felt cold and empty. Clarke couldn't stop thinking about Bellamy and how his touch had ignited her skin just twenty four hours before.

She felt the sudden urge to be near him. Being around him made her feel safe. So, with a deep breath and surge of bravery, Clarke threw the covers off her legs and climbed out of bed again. She opened her bedroom door and tiptoed across the hall. She knocked softly on Bellamy's door and waited. For a moment she thought maybe he'd already fallen asleep when he didn't open the door, but as she turned to go back into her room, his door swung open.

"Clarke? You okay?" Bellamy asked, his brow creased with concern. He was dressed in just a pair of loose shorts.

"Uh, yeah.. I uh.." Clarke suddenly felt ridiculous. She had no idea what to say to him. And the fact he wasn't wearing a shirt only made it even more difficult to put a complete sentence together.

"You sure you're okay?" Bellamy asked.

Clarke shook her head, shaking herself back to reality.

"Can I come in?" Clarke asked, looking up at his face.

Bellamy smiled at her and opened the door wider, standing to the side to let her in. Clarke stepped into the room as he closed the door. She felt awkward. She hadn't actually thought about what would happen when she got here.

"So, what can I do for you?" Bellamy asked.

"I don't really know. I just.. That room felt so empty and I guess I didn't wanna be alone." Clarke shrugged.

Bellamy nodded his head, a small grin on his face as he looked down at the floor.

"I'm sorry, I should go. I'll leave you alone." Clarke said quickly, turning back towards the door.

"Clarke, stop. It's fine." Bellamy chuckled. "Stay as long as you like."

"Are you sure?" Clarke asked. She felt incredibly small and like she was intruding in Bellamy's personal space.

"I'm sure." Bellamy nodded. "If you don't wanna be alone, you can stay here."

"I'm pathetic, aren't I?" Clarke said quietly, looking down at her feet.