18. Monsters.

Bellamy pulled up to the old abandoned warehouse, his heart racing. The fate of Clarke's mother was on the line and Bellamy couldn't help but picture his own mothers murder.

Clarke's eyes were glued to the huge building in front of them and Bellamy truly felt sorry for the blonde. No one should have to watch their mothers life be put at risk. He also knew Clarke would be blaming herself for the whole situation. After all it was Clarke who Cage was after.

"Before we go in, I need you to promise me one thing." Bellamy said quietly.

"And what's that?" Clarke whispered.

"Don't blame yourself. No matter what happens, none of this is your fault." Bellamy said.

Clarke turned to face him. "It is my fault. It's me he wants. He's using my mother to get to me."

"It is not your fault. Cage is the monster at fault here. Not you." Bellamy said sternly.

"I'm sorry Bellamy. For what I did to you. For everything." Clarke said. A single tear fell from her eye.

"Why are you apologising to me?" Bellamy asked, confused.

"Because I might not come out of here alive and I just want you to know that I really do appreciate everything you've done for me." Clarke smiled. She had already accepted her fate.

"Woah, okay hold up. One, you are not going to die, I won't let that happen. Two. You don't need to apologise. You have nothing to be sorry for." Bellamy shook his head.

"I ran away from you and avoided you like a coward. All because I was too scared to let you in." Clarke said, wiping her tears away in frustration.

"Look, we don't have time for this now. Let's go and get your Mom out of that warehouse and we'll talk about this when we get home." Bellamy got out of the car before Clarke could say anything else.

"Bellamy please. I need you to hear this." Clarke said, getting out the car.

"Whatever it is, tell me at home. This isn't gonna be one of those 'if I don't see you again' moments. You will see me again, at home, with your mother." Bellamy said sternly.

Clarke nodded her head. She hoped he was right.

"You ready?" Bellamy asked.

"Almost. There's one thing I need to do before we go in." Clarke said, standing in front of him.

Bellamy raised a questioning brow at Clarke before he was taken completely by surprise. Clarke pushed her lips to his in a forceful kiss. Bellamy stumbled slightly and then gripped Clarke's waist, pulling her closer.

As Clarke pulled away, Bellamy looked down at her. He waited for her to make the first move.

"Now I'm ready." Clarke nodded.

Without another word, she turned and walked towards the old building. Her heart was hammering in her chest as she opened the door and looked into darkness. After her eyes had adjusted she stepped inside, glancing behind her to see if Bellamy had followed. She was pleased to see he was right behind her, looking just as determined as she felt to get her mother out. They approached another door and Clarke could hear voices on the other side. She recognised the voices instantly.

"Maybe you should wait here. If he sees you he might do something drastic. I'll call if I need you." Clarke said.

Bellamy looked unsure but nodded in agreement anyway. "I'll be right here."

Clarke nodded her head and pushed the door open slowly. Bellamy hid himself in the shadows but stayed close enough in case Clarke needed him.

Clarke stepped into the room to be greeted by the man she despised most.