32. Moving On.

"Okay, Miss Griffin, take a seat." Finn gestured to the seat opposite him. 

Clarke sat in the seat, pulling the jacket tighter around her. Since she wasn't allowed anyone in the interview room with her, Bellamy had given her his jacket, draping it over her shoulders. Then, with a promise from Bellamy that he'd be waiting right outside, Clarke walked into the room, ready to give her statement. Luckily for her, Finn was the officer chosen to take her statement against Cage. 

"Thank you." Clarke mumbled. 

Finn shuffled some papers and pressed record on the tape recorder sat on the table beside him. He looked up at Clarke with a reassuring smile as he stated the time and date for Clarke's statement. 

"Okay, take your time." Finn nodded. "Whenever you're ready, Clarke." 

Clarke took a deep breath, her hands fisted the soft material draped over her shoulders. Bellamy's scent filled her nostrils and Clarke instantly felt a wave of calmness wash over her. 

"Cage Wallace ruined my life. He took everything from me. He took my friends, my family, my hopes and dreams, everything. He wore me down until I was too broken to even think for myself, let alone live for myself." Clarke said. She had been going over her statement since she'd received the call two days ago. 

"How was your relationship with Mr Wallace in the beginning?" Finn asked. 

"It was great. It was everything I ever could have hoped for. He respected me, listened to me. He would treat me like I was the most precious thing in the world." Clarke nodded. 

"What changed?" Finn asked. 

Clarke then went on to talk about her mothers affair and the deal she'd made with Cage's father to keep said affair a secret, only for it to end in the murder of her father. That was when Cage had changed, he'd become a different person, he'd become a monster. 

"What did he do to you, Clarke?" Finn asked softly. 

"He ruined me." Clarke said, a tear sliding down her cheek. 

"Mr Wallace was physically abusive towards you, wasn't he?" Finn asked. Clarke nodded her head. "Can you tell me about that?" 

"He, uh, he'd get angry, sometimes at me, sometimes at other people or things not working out his way, but he always took it out on me. He'd lash out, punch me, kick me, throw me around, anything to leave a bruise." Clarke sniffled. "Once he broke my rib, and even he seemed to think he'd gone too far. He apologised straight away, but said he couldn't take me to hospital, people would ask questions. I thought after that he'd stop, I thought he realised what he was doing to me." 

"But it just carried on?" Finn said. 

Clarke nodded her head. "He would hit me in places that would hurt enough to leave me on the ground, but not enough to need medical attention. He was smart." 

"You're doing great Clarke." Finn nodded. "Can you tell me about the incident with your mother and Bellamy?" 

Clarke sucked in a shuddery breath. "Um, Cage had my mother held hostage by two of his guards. She tried to tell me to get out, but I couldn't just leave her. I knew she was only there because Cage wanted me. Cage said he wanted to teach me a lesson, he told me about Bellamy betraying me and giving Cage my new number so he could contact me. Then he shot my mother. Said that I now knew what it felt like to have nothing and no one. That was always his final goal, take everything away from me so I'd willingly go back to him. He just wanted to control me." 

"That's why he always let you go?" Finn asked, nodding his head. 

"Yes. He told me that he was waiting for me to go back to him willingly. He kept saying he was the only one who truly cared about me and that everything he did to me was for my own benefit." Clarke nodded, wiping at the tears in her eyes.