Preview

(To save any confusion the book is starting here but this scene is from further on in the novel. After this chapter, we will begin from Melanie-Rose and Elijah's first encounter and everything that has lead them up to this moment...)

Don't start reading until the words start in the song for the best experience!!!!!

He broke her without even realising. He watched the fire dull until it disintegrated everything around them. He was impulsive and rash. His words were callous and he knew he'd ruin her bit by bit, but he was too fucking selfish to let her go, even when the worst happened to her. He used her. He embarrassed her. He took her pride and made a mockery of her because he himself was to proud to admit his feelings. This and the confusion of his feelings; caused him the greatest lost he'd ever experience. The loss of his parents, his twin, it was nothing compared to never seeing her face- the face he'd gotten so accustomed to seeing, he took advantage of their time together. It was nothing in comparison to the burning he felt in his chest, she was his air and without her, he was choking. Dying.

"Do you love her?" He seethes, looking for any answer. The question didn't matter to him but it sure as hell mattered to us. One simple question. One question that will make or break us. I search his eyes and I can see the conflict. He's battling with himself and I want to rush over to him; hold him in my arms and comfort him in his time of need but I can't help but stay stuck in my place.

"Love." He hisses like he's repulsed by the word.

"I'm Elijah fucking Black." He sneers "Of course I don't! I don't love anyone, especially not some girl." A sinister laugh escapes him as he looks anywhere but at me. My heart slowly begins to slow down as his words begin to settle. Everything between us was a lie. Obviously, I knew deep down he was incapable of loving anyone but I still held hope for him. He promised to protect me, but he never protected me from himself. The ache in my chest is unbearable, I feel like I can't breathe, like the air in my lungs is toxic. Suffocating.  But,I won't cry in front of them. Not anymore.. I refuse to look vulnerable.

"If you don't love her then shoot her." The guns placed in his hands and a darkness fills his eyes. He slowly lifts the gun up, aiming it . And without a second of hesitation the bastard shoots at me.

Now, back to the beginning and how we got to be in this position...