The lascioviousness

|Melanie-Rose's pov|

"Stay away from me Alejandro." I sobbed but he kept coming towards me. His eyes turn black and his jaw clenches. I see Luca and he gives me an apologetic look.

"You little slut." Alejandro seethes. He hits me repeatedly before storming off to our room. We had just gotten back from the charity event one of the men Alejandro works with was hosting. He got mad and we left because some guy was talking to me.

Luca runs into me as soon as he hears Alejandro's door slam.

"I'm sorry this is happening to you Mel. I'm working on getting you out safely.. I promise." Luca stayed true to his promise. He always did.

I woke up in my room, alone, sobbing until the pain in my chest becomes unbearable.

I texted Amara to tell her I was t feeling well before making my way up to my room. Being alone comforted me but it also scared the crap out of me. The silence seemed to consume me yet ease me at the same time. I learnt to be alone, to find my strength in the silence as one day it'll be all I have and all I crave.

After everything Elijah told me about losing his parents I felt a burning pain in my stomach partly from guilt that I had been so selfish trying to forget about my delusional mother- but partly because I could sympathise. I was young when I lost my father and I never had time to mourn or to cry for him properly.

My mother married quickly after his death to a wealthy man who could give her the world. She quickly disregarded me as her own and when she did notice me it was never for anything good. She drained it in to me that I should be fortunate for everything I had because he didn't have to give me anything.

He was not my father.

Every time I cried my mother would take her leather belt and whip me as hard as she could. Every time I screa,ed or cried out she would hit me harder telling me that crying is for weak puñetas who couldn't survive in the real world. I was 7 when the beatings started- after my dad passed away.

My mother turned into the heartless bitch she always hid from my father and in some ways I'm glad he died quickly so my mother never got the chance to disappoint him.

If I cried during one of her beatings she would hit me a lot harder leaving me unable to walk for days. Juliette never received the same treatment, I resented her for it-she was my older sister yet she couldn't defend me or even begin to console me.

The reoccurring nightmare replaying in my mind. Until another disturbing thought replaces it. One that still includes him.

Elijah must know Alejandro.

I'm sure that if Elijah finds out I'm engaged to that monster he'll send me right back. Or if Alejandro finds out I'm here, he'll come after me. I need to move on.

I pack a few essentials and make my way to the elevator.

"Where are you going Melanie-rose?" His voice is hoarse like he's just woken up. Staring into his bright green eyes I realise I wouldn't want anything else. To wake up to him every morning and argue with him everyday. But that can never happen. My parents ruined any chance of me finding love when they engaged me to that monster. Now, I must live my life running.

"Out." I shrug, trying to show no signs of where I'm really off to. I'm a prisoner here, he shouldn't actually allow me to leave, not with the secrets I know. But instead he pushes me up against the wall where he leans his face closer to mine.