The promise

|Melanie-Rose's p.o.v|

True to his word: Elijah left after placing a chaste kiss to my forehead. I haven't seen him since that moment in bed this morning. It's been hours since and I'm beginning to get irritated just sitting in my room.

Standing in the shower, I let the boiling water cascade down my body trying to eliminate the unease which I'm overcome with. Eventually, stepping out of the warmth the shower had me basked in i wrap a soft towel around my body and use a smaller one to dab at my wet hair. I slip on my yoga pants and a tight black tube top before brushing my tangled curls out.

Strolling down the corridor I stand outside Selena's door, i hate being surrounded by testosterone 24/7. It's exhausting listening to their boyish humour and the constant fights. Knocking once, i wait impatiently for her reply, rocking back and forth on the ball of my feet.

"Isaac I've told you I'm not in the mood today." She responds, a smirk rising on my face. I push her door open and as her eyes meet mine, the shock and embarrassment evident on her face.

"Isaac huh?" I tease, wiggling my eyebrows in a suggestive manner.

She covered her face with her hands trying to cover up some of the embarrassment, but the blush creeping up her neck was inevitable to disguise.

"Please don't tell Elijah, he'll kill him for even glancing at me twice." She chuckles lightly, clearly infatuated with one of my best friends. Well, one of my only friends. I trace my fingers along my lips and indicate a key locking them and the key being thrown. She laughs wholeheartedly at my childish action. "I've only been hooking up with him for a few weeks and It's nothing serious-" She rambles.

"Hey, It's fine Although, you may need to be more careful, what is I was Elijah knocking." I scold and she trembles with a disgusted look on her face.

"That could've gone horrible." She laughs again and I join her, my head being thrown back as my stomach cramps from laughing so much in her presence.

\\

After minutes turned to hours we stroll down to the kitchen; noticing the dark clouds outside. As we sit down to eat, the elevator chimes and a furious Elijah storms in, his eye blazing as they meet mine. He reaches me in a quick five steps. His hands cup my face and the anger seems to be taken over by another emotion. Fear.

"We need to get you out of here." His request is anything but a request. It was an order and given the chaotic mess Elijah's in right now, the last thing on my mind is to challenge him. "Pack your things. Hurry." He pulls me flat into his chest, giving no room to doubt whatever's happening that has him acting like a lunatic. It's a comforting embrace, more so for him. He buries his head in my hair, inhaling deeply as if to remember my scent. "Do you trust me?" He whispers lowly.

"Until you give me a reason not to." He nods.

"Pack your stuff, mi amore. I promise I'll protect you even if it ruins me." He mutters honestly.

"Elijah-"He shakes his head as if pleading with me not to argue with him. I pull away, heading to my room to grab the essentials. Having little to go off, i grab my toiletries, underwear and a few items of clothing and stuff them into my duffel bag, before flinging it over my shoulder, wrapping a hoodie securely around my waist and sliding my trainers on.

Elijah steps in and holds out his free hand to me, a soothing gesture that helps calm some of my nerves, but certainly not all of them. I'd lived on the run for so long and now I'm doing it again, this time being blindsided.