Chapter Seven || Peace with You

Start from the beginning

"You make it sound like humanity doesn't exist," the human grumbled in displeasure, shooting Starscream a look.

"I have already made it clear enough, Agent Fowler, that once Megatron is destroyed your planet will be left to its own devices as it had before. I doubt the Autobots would be inclined to keep it for themselves once their homeworld is restored."

Jazz shrugged. "Fair enough assessment, chief."

Ultra Magnus barely quirked an optic ridge, wondering just how Jazz could be so casual with their sworn enemy. He had already noticed that Starscream had removed the Decepticon emblems which normally adorned his chest and wings, a part of him realizing that if this was indeed a trick, it was far too elaborate to trap one lone Autobot. Starscream was right: if they were going to kill Ultra Magnus, they would have done so already.

"I'm still not wholly convinced," Ultra Magnus said slowly, glancing from Autobot, to human, to . . . Starscream. "I suggest you tell me what finally convinced you to defect, Starscream. The exact moment."

The air commander grinned in amusement.

"Then I suggest you find a place to sit, Ultra Magnus," he said. "Because this will be a long story . . ."

⬵⤁

Bumblebee kept his helm down as Thundercracker pushed him through the halls of Darkmount, leading the scout through the winding halls. It was so strange, how easy it was to walk through the facility with a Decpeticon escort. Skywarp was dismissed when Thundercracker said he was more than capable of roughhousing the scout into the prison cells, and any mech with questions was easily shooed away.

All of this for some movies . . . It was almost ridiculous. But if Bumblebee had to guess, Thundercracker was becoming disillusioned with the Decepticon cause. Of all the mechs, especially the Seekers, Thundercracker hated senseless violence. He would have probably made a good Autobot, however it was the ideals of the Decepticons, Megatron's manifesto, which he agreed with most. Nevertheless, it was obvious Thundercracker was tired of the direction his faction had gone in, and now just wanted to rest . . . and watch his movies.

If helping Bumblebee was what got him to that goal, then he would do it.

"Alright, shrimp, time for your tour," Thundercracker drawled, his grip a little too tight for the scout's taste. "The basement is where Shockwave's mad lair is, deep enough that if he blows himself up he doesn't kill the rest of us. Or if any of his creatures get out. On this first floor is where the grunts come in and out after scouting to give reports. Where we're going - the sixth floor - is two floors above the Spacebridge. So whatever you do, definitely don't kick my aft and escape through the Spacebridge portal that is very poorly guarded."

Bumblebee resisted the urge to roll his optics. As if he could make it any more obvious to the guards what was going to happen. But as long as Thundercracker kept his word . . .

Due to Bumblebee being a grounder vehicle they had to take the stairs, Thundercracker pulling him from floor to floor. As the large symbol indicating the fourth floor came into view, Bumblebee steeled himself for a true fight. In the confined space of the stairwell he had the advantage, but with Thundercracker's large size, they were both severely restricted. He wanted to trust Thundercracker, however the word of a Decepticon was always questionable.

Thundercracker hazard a glance at him, his grip loosening just a little to signal that it was now or never. Bumblebee steeled himself.

For Optimus. For Raf.

With that thought the scout lunged, slamming his fist straight into Thundercracker's torso. The jet did not even retaliate, instead letting out a squawk of shock and tumbling down the stairs almost comically. He seemed to intentionally throw himself down the last few steps onto a landing, where he laid clutching his spark chamber.