"Okay, let me ask you this. Have you ever listened to a song on repeat because you loved it? And then, one day, you just don't find it great anymore? That's my point."

He's got a point. But still.

"I get it," I admit. "But no. I mean... It's like getting tired of sunsets. You can't possibly get tired of sunsets."

"I agree," someone says behind me.

I turn around and nearly destroy one of Alex's towers. Fannar just arrived. He's wearing black shades and a dark purple bathing suit. He doesn't have abs, but he's still lean. I guess that's stupid of me to notice because I can't possibly want something that I can't offer. That would be like saying I want someone to absolutely make me ice cream but when they ask, I say that I can't. Still, I can't help but notice that Fannar is quite handsome.

"Fannar! My boy," Alex says, getting up and doing a cool handshake with his friend.

Fannar waves at Sabrina who's observing him from her sunglasses while reading a psychological trailer novel. He then looks at me and smiles. "Hi, Ella-Mae." We high five.

"Ouch," Sabrina says. "Awkward."

I turn around to look at her.

"What do you mean?"

"You've been on two dates. I would expect at least a hug."

Fannar and I look at each other and smile awkwardly. I get up and hug him. I decide at this moment that I can't tell Sabrina that Fannar and I aren't actually dating and that he's only doing this to make Alex interested in me. She would just get angry or will want to take part in it.

"So you wouldn't get tired of sunsets?" Sabrina asks.

"Why would I?" Fannar asks.

"I don't know," I start. "Maybe because you got bored of the Northern lights?"

I expect Sabrina and Alex to react to my revelation, but they don't even blink.

"I didn't get bored of them. I just took them for granted." Fannar smiles. "I can't believe you're still thinking about that."

Sabrina sighs and gets up. "Your sandcastle is pathetic. Let me help." She takes off her sundress to get more comfortable on the sand. She's wearing this burgundy high-up bottom and a high neck black top with lace near the neck. She gets down on her knees and helps me out with the sandcastle. After a while, she gets hot and takes off the straps of her bikini, turning it into some kind of crop top.

"Umm..." starts Alex, staring at her. "Are you trying to get hit on?"

"Maybe." There's a mischievous gleam in her eyes.

"I think it's cute," I say.

"Go change," Alex orders.

"What? Why? Don't you think it's the guy's problem to control his hormones and not my problem if I want to wear this."

Sabrina has a point, and everyone knows it.

We all start making a sandcastle. Even Fannar helps out by filling in buckets with water.

"Hey," Fannar calls after about an hour of working, "wanna go swim? The sky is clearing up."

Sabrina shrugs. "I don't know. Maybe later. I'm gonna help this jerk---" she motions at her cousin, "finish up the sandcastle and then I might write the rest of the script for Melanie's wedding video."

"And I feel like eating," Alex adds.

I turn and smile at Fannar. "I can join you."

He nods and grins. He's a good actor. Even Sabrina must think so, because she beams, "Look at you guys being all cute together. Go swim, you love birds."

If I were closer to her, I would have hit her. Instead, I decide to remind her that "We've only been on two dates."

Fannar widens his eyes as to warn me that it was the wrong thing to say. "We're taking it slow," he says to save my mishap. "But yeah, I think it's going well."

"Then what are you waiting for? Go swim together!"

Fannar and I look at each other. Here goes nothing. I take off my tank top and swimming shorts to be in my red and white bathing suit. I feel Alex's gaze on me and feel my cheeks burn. I wrap myself in a towel, but Sabrina grabs it from me. She knows what I'm thinking about. "Go on!" she says, gesturing to the ocean.

Fannar gives me a questioning look and then looks at my hand. He wants to take it. He wants to take it and pretend we're a couple. After two dates. That's not going a little too fast?

We're pretending.

I nod and intertwine my fingers with him as we run towards the ocean.