Raven

Raven blinked groggily, awaking from a tranquilizer-induced slumber for the second time in as many days. Amber Chase, who sat across from her on a couch upholstered in dark red velvet, raised an eyebrow as she smiled knowingly.

"For your head," she said, tossing a small bottle to Raven.

Moving herself to an upright position, Raven snatched the bottle out of midair, taking in her surroundings as she unscrewed its cap.

She was sitting on a couch identical to the one that Amber was seated on, set lengthwise on either side of a rather narrow room. A long, low coffee table separated the two couches, and matching armchairs were placed at either end of it. A 50-inch flatscreen TV was set against one wall, above an open doorway.

Raven tossed back two aspirin, dry. "Nice interior design." She replaced the cap of the bottle and set it down on the coffee table. "Where are Francesca and Sean?"

"Resting," Amber answered, her chin tilting to the open doorway. "I told them I'd inform them when you awoke."

"And they took you at your word? That sounds awfully unlike the Francesca I know."

Francesca spoke from where she leaned against the open doorway. "Resting doesn't always equate to sleep." She had changed into a white T-shirt and dark grey leggings, the mass of her hair curling around her head and shoulders.

"Not for you, at least." Raven tilted her a knowing grin.

Shutting the door behind her, Francesca walked over to sprawl in the velvet-upholstered armchair nearest her end of the room. "Nope. Sean's asleep, though," she added as an afterthought.

"Your boy can sleep anywhere," Raven chuckled, rolling her eyes.

Leveling a long-suffering stare upon her, Francesca answered, "Trust me, I know."

Amber cleared her throat, and both Raven and Francesca turned their attention to her. "The jet is set on autopilot at the moment, but I want to confirm that our destination has not changed?"

"Our destination, change? I should think not." A slow smile parted Raven's lips. "It's been far too long since I was last in Milan."

*

*

*

A/N:

So much filler, darlings--I'm writing so much filler! And I hate it, but after the past two action-filled chapters, I'm allowing it XD anyways, at least you've gleaned a destination, and I'll see you all next week ^^;