Raven

Several hours later and Raven stretched languidly, back arching against the white leather of the chair, arms lifted above her head. Her dress slid up her legs as she shifted them to keep her laptop in place, and Raven almost laughed out loud at the look that flashed across Aidan's face.

Bemusement, appreciation and wariness; it was all there for a transient second. Then his features smoothed, lips pulling up in the lazy half-smile that he so often used as a mask--albeit an effective one.

"I'm assuming that if I looked, I would find 'stripper' featured somewhere in your resume?"

Raven fought a battle against the laugh that bubbled up in her throat, but outwardly, she was as collected as ever.

"I'm only trying to keep up with the 'porn star' on yours," she replied with a saccharine smile, rising to her feet.

Aidan laughed, curls tossing as he threw his head back. "That sharp tongue of yours is the most delightful thing I've heard in ages."

"Third step," Raven murmured as she walked away.

"I'm practically running," Aidan returned dryly. "Aren't you proud?"

The smile that Raven cast over her shoulder was sinister in its curvature, and she left his question unanswered. Instead, she nodded to the rear of the plane.

"There's a suite back there, I'm assuming."

"King-sized bed, full bathroom and all," Aidan replied. "Of course, the suite isn't used very often, but it comes in handy occasionally." He grinned lazily at Raven.

She ignored him, examining a bottle of prosecco.

"There's food too. Just in case you were considering a diet that consisted of more than alcohol in various forms," Aidan added, walking over to take a baguette and a platter of cheeses out of the waist-high refrigerator. "Be a darling and bring the cheese knife, won't you?" he asked, walking back to their cluster of chairs, a plate in each hand.

Raven hefted the cheese knife thoughtfully, pausing only a moment before sending it spinning towards Aidan's head. He set the plates down and whirled just in time, hand darting out to pluck the blade from the air. 

"You missed," he said, smiling crookedly.

Raven raised her hand, two champagne flutes dangling from her fingers. "Should I toss these, too?"

Aidan sighed, a faux-regretful tone to his exhale. "As much as I would love to continue our little game of catch, I'm not sure Kieran would be all too happy if we shattered his favorite crystal goblets.

In answer, Raven sent the glasses flying through the air, one in quick succession of the other.

"If they were his favorites, they would be in his house instead of on his jet," she uttered as explanation, a wicked little smile playing at the corner of her mouth.

Aidan merely shook his head, the goblets now dangling from his fingers as he grinned ruefully. "Kieran's going to have a lot of fun figuring out what to do with you."

*

*

*

A/N:

Aaaand more banter. I feel like these last two chapters have seemed like filler--and to be honest, they kind of are. I just feel like it will be easier to write the landing in after Kieran's chapter, so that it flows a little better. Also, I wasn't happy leaving Aidan's chapter on its own so here we are. Anyway, there's me getting my thoughts out, but I would love for you guys to tell me what you think, and vote if you liked the chapter! Ta, love you all ^.^