Kieran

Kieran sat quiescent, deep in convoluted thought, long after Aidan had returned to his own rooms.

Outside, the sky changed from black to grey to pink, and as the sun crested the horizon, Kieran finally rose from his chair.

He strode to the walk-in closet that lay adjacent to both the bedroom and the bathroom in his suite. After dressing in a charcoal suit and cinching a black tie around his neck, performing his ablutions and combing his hair back, he exited his rooms.

Mistral, holding a plate of scrambled eggs and various sliced fruits, found him an hour later in a chamber that was replete with an arsenal of high-tech equipment, seated in front of a computer.

"I made you some breakfast," she said, setting the plate down next to him.

"I don't eat breakfast." Kieran spoke without even looking at the plate.

"Well, you're going to start," Mistral said, leaning over and pressing the power button on the computer that Kieran was facing.

Kieran turned slowly to her, astonishment erupting cosmically within him. "Who do you think you are?" he asked, voice low and dangerously controlled.

Mistral smiled, blatantly unfazed. "Meet your bodyguard, who is quite certain that making sure that you eat your meals ranks somewhere on her list of responsibilities."

Kieran blinked. "Well, it appears that the flagrant audacity is genetic." He took the plate from Mistral, prodding once at the scrambled eggs with a fork before collecting a bite on the implement's slender silver tines and sliding it into his mouth.

His brow quirked; it had been a long time since he had tasted something so simple yet so satisfying. Mistral's smile grew delightedly.

"I'm glad you like it," she smirked. "I'd try the cantaloupe too--it's quite sweet." Throwing the last comment over her shoulder like an afterthought, she strolled out of the room.

Kieran shook his head once, devoured the contents of the plate, and promptly turned the computer back on. Time passed, in the expeditious way that it tends to when one is facing a screen, and presently Kieran rose from his seat.

He exited the room and strode into the entrance hall, not needing to hear her soft paces to know that Mistral had fallen into step behind him.

"Walk next to me." He spoke her without looking at her, and Mistral stepped alongside him as he opened a door into a spacious aircraft hangar.

A black jet waited directly in front, and a figure was standing by the boarding stairs. Aidan wore a dark green sweatshirt and black jeans, a beanie hiding his curly hair. He met them with a smile, eyebrow raising as he beheld Mistral's choice of clothing.

"Aren't you cold?" he asked her, gesturing with a hand to the bodysuit that, while sleeved left her legs bare to the misty wind that danced around them.

Mistral shook her head. "I'm numb."

Aidan chuckled.

"Oh, the things we do for vanity." Heels clicked on concrete and a new voice cut into the conversation.

*

*

*

A/N:

Hmm, Kieran's arrogance is certainly going to be tried by these two sisters! Oh well... he could stand to be knocked down a couple of pegs xD vote / comment / PM, and hopefully I'll get over the writing block that was the reason that it took me a week to finish (re)writing this chapter lol.