Aidan

"Are you serious? Overcooked vegetables and rice that looks like it was boiled in dishwater?" Aidan stared in disbelief at the plate in front of him. "I will pay you to buy me a decent meal, but I am not eating whatever that is."

Samar rolled his eyes. "The vegetables are not overcooked, and the rice is brown by nature. It's called brown rice," he added helpfully, and Aidan stared balefully at him.

"Did it get its name from the mud stew that it was cooked in?" A slight shudder of disgust rippled across Aidan's shoulders.

"First it was dishwater, then it was mud stew. Next, it'll be shit soup." Samar smirked, unfazed in the face of the flat glare that Aidan leveled upon him. 

"You took my money--the least you can do is buy me a decent meal with it."

Raising an eyebrow, Samar frowned in faux contemplation as he strolled towards the door. "No, actually. That's not the least that I can do, at all."

Aidan's sea-green eyes and the words that next exited his mouth promised a violent death, in beautiful synchronization.

"I was considering being nice and letting you die easily, but now I think I'll take my time flaying you."

He was met with a wide grin. "Eat up."

The door shut behind Samar with a neat click, and Aidan muttered foully to the sound of receding footsteps.

The plate that had been placed directly and unceremoniously on his lap was made of paper, and not a single form of utensil was anywhere in sight. Aidan's lip curled involuntarily as he poked at a bright orange carrot, and he shook his head in disgust.

"At least they didn't insult me by giving me a spoon," he muttered to himself, testing the edge of the paper plate with a thumbnail.

*

*

*

A/N:
What do you think Aidan's going to do now, darlings? Vegetables, brown rice, and a paper plate? Never has man known a humbler meal XD Aidan is almost as prissy as Kieran when it comes to his food, that's for damn sure. Oh well, I suppose he'll just have to suck it up ^.^ vote and/or comment if you liked this chapter, and have a wonderful rest of your day/night!