C H A P T E R 2 5

The day continued on, I was glad that I was with my fiancé's friend where as my fiancé was with the woman that I literally hated so much. I would always see her walking by me with her little grin on her face, I was so furious inside, and inner wold was so ready to break out an attack but obviously I couldn't make a scene because I am obviously the most bigger person in the situation. Anyways so I was sent out to do research on the case, the case wasn't as tricky as I thought. It was the most hardest case I've ever heard about, so this is about a patient who has a non-functioning hemisphere however she is able to perform every single thing that the non-functioning hemisphere was meant to function for. so, our duty was to figure out what the hell is going on.

I was going to be real here, all I would conclude and say that this case is by the miracle of Allah. I awkwardly actually did say that to Dr. Asad, and he just looked back at me as if I was some little girl who believes in miracles. Well I get his point of view but at the same time come on we both are Muslims I thought he would understand what I was thinking. But again what was I thinking... we aren't even friends, not that I ever plan on being friend, anyways so that was out of the picture. I ended up sneaking my way downstairs towards the library of Dr. Brooke, it didn't go so well because Nadia was following me everywhere I was so I had to find another way through. She was so weird, where ever I was I would see her and yeah that's pretty much it, she was everywhere and it was getting on my nerves.

It was also totally awkward working with Dr. Asad. We tried to make small talk, it went from "how many siblings do you have" to wishing me good luck on my Nikkah. We are finally at his office when suddenly something interesting came up, to be honest I would've never imagined talking or discussing about this with this person, and we didn't because I wasn't going to spell out the truth. He mentioned about a Doctor Who used to work here that died at a young age, he was the smartest doctor and this whole country, people used to wait ages to come to him and get help. I, obviously knowing who he talked about, acted as if I was dumbfounded by what he was saying. With my little hums and nods, he definitely got the hint that I wasn't that interested.

"What if the brain wasn't actually dead but it looks dead" I just mumbled my thoughts out. His eyes suddenly grew larger asking me to repeat exactly what I said and so I did, "maybe it really isn't dead? Maybe it looks dead?" To be honest I thought that was the dumbest thing I've ever said but not to him, apparently, it was the best thing that I mention and that is exactly what he said.

"Perfect! There must be some malfunctioning of the layers of tissues in the brain that separate with the functioning" he gasped at his own words.

" but, isn't that sort of impossible..." I mentioned... the obvious.

"You mentioned god didn't you."

"Well yes, but I-" yeah that's that.. I just set myself up, clearly in a hospital setting we aren't supposed to bring in religion and now I understand why he mentioned it. He was too distracted by this idea, mentioning about how he saw this article where  it spoke about a rare case like this. As doctors or you will always see this one article that has the most brilliant case ever, and honestly it is by God if I was to truthfully speak, people called this a medical miracle. So you must be wondering, if this girl is fine and is functioning properly why is she at the hospital and getting something tested that doesn't need to be tested. Well, let me tell you something. Sure the girl is able to function and respond to all of the signals that her left hemisphere brain signalling, she's also being adopted to major seizures which Could bring her life at risk. So when they did the imaging they saw something weird about the brain, that side of the brain was crippled up like it was all dead it wasn't even proper, the layers was all messed up if that makes sense. However, to their surprise all of her lobes were functioning well and she was able to perform each task as confirmed by a psychologist.