C H A P T E R 4

"It's a what?!"

"A benign Craniopharyngioma! Can you believe it, a huge mass that's benign normally that big of a mass is cancerous, and in fact that brain tumour should be cancerous and can lead to blindness at any moment! We have her in surgery right now, I got the opportunity but Nadia started fighting for it so I let her have it." I told Hana, she faces across from me, her expression filled with an endless amusement.

[kra-nio-farie-jio-ma : " Craniopharyngioma is a type of brain tumor derived from pituitary gland embryonic tissue, that occurs most commonly in children but also in men and women in their 50s and 60s. People may present with bitemporal inferior quadrantanopia leading to bitemporal hemianopsia, as the tumor may compress the optic chiasm."

"That sucks for you, you've always wanted to attend a brain surgery, that's your thing –

"What is her thing?" Nadia popped up out of nowhere, sitting down beside me. It was awkward, and kind of weird. She randomly came, I mean I am willing to except new friends, but really Nadia?

"Neurology is her thing! And you stole it from her." Hana yelled at her, annoyed by her presence – clearly.

Nadia scoffed and left the table, "Hana!" I whispered aloud.

"Just standing up for my best friend." She winked, whilst getting up. Hana said her Salam and left to start her new rounds. I must have forgotten to mention, the rounds are something so tiring, especially when wearing the gowns and the mask. I could barely talk in it, it feels like you would suffocate.

My phone started to ring, realizing it was mom I picked it up in a happy mood. It was since a while my mom actually talked to me, but my happiness did not stay for that long, my heart started to race and I can feel my hand grip the phone. "Aiyla, need you home by 12pm we have guests to see you" her voice rung in my ear, as she said those words. The phone closed, not allowing me to say a word. I don't know why I was scared of marriage so much, what made me fear it so much, I really did not meeting the guy, I knew my mom wouldn't force me to get married but why, why was I so afraid. I can feel my eyes become glossy, as the voice repeated in my mind.

"Aiyla! Are you okay, love" Zayna voice beamed out of nowhere. Rubbing my eyes I looked at her with the worse possible fake smile. "Aiyla! Tell me"

"I don't know Zayna, why am I so scared to get married. Why am I so scared to meet the guy, why can't I have the courage too?"

"Your mom found a guy?"

I nodded my head, gritting my teeth so somehow my tears won't fall out.

"Aiyla, listen to me. No one is forcing you into anything, just go meet the guy, be yourself, as anything you want, and if you're not into him say no!"

"But Allah SWT sends the best proposals to us, and if I deny it and if he's perfect what if I don't get the best one after"

"I know what you mean" Zayna sighed. "Just pray make Dua, and talk to him, talking will let you know, I've been through it, okay. It's your life decision not anybody else's"

It took me a few moments to pull through, but I managed to go on with my day. I did all my rounds in those sweaty masks, spoke to patient one on one. And one of them also asked me advice for getting into med school. The day went pretty well, it was engulfed with showering rain that would only go away for just a few seconds then re-start. The sun itself looked like it wanted to hide away from the world, much like how I wanted too. The breeze was quite strong, I could feel my feet being tugged by the wind to move forward, forcing me to go home. It wasn't raining though, which I glad of, or else id be soaking wet. Where is my car? I felt like walking, unaware of the weather. Next time, before I go out anywhere a weather check must be done, makes sense. Upon arriving home, a blue BMW van stood still in our wet driveway, it was very shiny, but trickled with droplets of water.