C H A P T E R 1 4

"12-hour long surgery! is this some sort of punishment?!" I whispered aloud to my friends, furious at the order mainly because one the reason why I came to the hospital was stupid, and second why wasn't he being nice ugh, how rude.

"A punishment? how is that a punishment, it's a surgery!" Zayna shrieked on the other, "I'd kill for it!"

"I know, I know I just I didn't like how he ordered me" I pouted, probably acting very childish.

"who did you not like their order" I voice came out of nowhere, my body jumped and I was facing Dr. Asad. This was probably the worst time to get caught, I could hear Zayna gasp through my phone. I quickly close it and meet him eye to eye, fumbling my fingers. "I don't appreciate you talking about your boss this way, he is your boss, not your husband now" he smirked at me and walked away.

My head was spinning in heat, how dare he said that! But I can feel the trickling blush creeping to my cheeks, not letting this happen.

"Dr. Aiylah" A nurse interrupted my overwhelming thoughts, "Do you remember Dr. Jacob?"

My eyes furrowed. Its been almost a year... "yeah?" I question.

"He is here, and would like to meet you," she said.

Dr. Jacob wanting to meet me, what does he want from me now? After all this time? There was a reason why I left hospital. "Uhm... sure," I said awkwardly.

What was I supposed to do, my mind played with different scenarios, I tried to find the best greeting point but it was too late as his blurred one further figure was now close up. 'wow, I can't believe it's almost been 2 years since I left' I thought.

"Dr! Hi, it's nice to see you again" I smiled. Thanking myself that wasn't too awkward, with a relief that he didn't come to handshake I felt much more comfortable talking to him.

"Dr, do you remember your patient Tayma?" He asked, in a low tone.

Patients information are confidential, in no means can you ever tell anyone about the patients history, where they live or anything. Privacy.

"Yeah, the one with the brain tumor which was successfully removed right?" I question, confused as to where he was going with this. Although, as doctor you sort of know, but out of fear, not wanting to hear it, you don't think negatively but hope.

Or well at least that's the kind of doctor I am.

"he tumor is back, and she won't operate unless you're there Dr. Aiylah"

Hearing those words my heart dropped a beat a mile down, sometimes as a doctor hearing that is sweet but not all the time, someone wants to put their life in your hand, although that may seem like compliment to you guys, but its just another fear, it's a fear of failing, or ruining someones life when they believed in you. I am no god, I am human being, we all make mistakes, but she wants me as her surgeon it only makes me terrified.

"Hello, Dr Aiyla, what do you say?" Dr. Jacob calls me out of my trance, I look at him and look down thinking hard core.

"If I don't -

"She won't do the surgery" He sighed. "why are you so afraid, look at where you are, you're in PEARSONS HOSPITAL, the top hospitals that it takes forever to get in, that residents want but they don't make it... the people here chose you, you are special but you are so afraid of it"

He said this would out letting me speak, and I couldn't, and he was right.

"This may not be my place to say this, but, you were that one person that was soooo optimistic, and very hopeful, and that is the perception I got from you as a muslim, don't all muslims have optimism, and hope, as they believe in the divine, and that we are just mere souls that are in our way to god, that are on our way to journey"