For My Baby

"Baby don't goooo." I dragged out the end of my word, holding onto Danny's hand as he tried to leave out the door.

"I have to." He said. "Ima be right back. I gotta finish this track as soon as possible. Maurice been on my ass about it."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "Fine."

He leaned in and pecked my lips once he saw my pouty face. "I won't be long." He said.

"Hurry." I complained. "I miss you already."

               Danny's Point Of View

"Hey Danny, what's this all about?" Rox asked me, as she let me in her home.

"I need ya help." I said.

"With?" She asked.

"You know I love September..right?"

"Yeah.." she gave me a confused looked.

"And I'd neva do anything tuh hurt her."

"Danny, oh my god. Are you gonna break up with her?"

"What?" I asked. "No. Roxie, no. What the fuck?"

"Oh, so what is it?"

"Ima propose to her."

Her jaw dropped and she scoffed in disbelief. "Seriously?" She smiled.

I nodded. "I need ya help picking out a ring."

"Oh my God!" She excitedly jumped up and down in her chair. "I can't believe this. Does she know anything about this?"

"Well..yeah. I technically already asked her. She already said yes. But it was so in the moment, I didn't have shit planned and I didn't have a ring. I wanna do it the right way. With a ring, one knee, all of that shit." I said.

"You asked her?! Why didn't she tell me?"

"Well, I mean she probably hasn't had a chance to tell anybody. She just got over something she was going through and- it's just been a lot. I just asked her a two weeks ago.." I sighed.

"Wait, what was September going through that she felt like she couldn't talk to me?"

"Can I trust you?" I asked her.

"Of course you can."

"No, this is some serious ass shit Rox. This ain't no little small secret. You can't tell nobody. I mean nobody. This was gonna stay between me and September, but you're basically like a sister to her and I know she trusts you. So if I tell you you can't tell nobody else, I mean not a god damn soul. We could get into some deep shit if the wrong person finds out."

"Danny, I wouldn't do that to you. You know you can trust me, cmon."

I nodded, indicating I trusted her.

I proceed to tell her the events that happened that night. And she sat there speechless once I was finished.

"...wait." She said. "Y-y'all did what? Y'all killed three men? And burned the bodies?"

I nodded. "Yes."

"And this is all because of some beef you had when you used to be in the streets?"

"Sorta." He said. "There's a bit more to it, but yeah."

"I can't believe this." Rox said. "I mean, yeah I believe you'd kill someone with no problem, but September?"