Brooklyn Based

"This is really the first big storm of the new year. The New York City area, specifically Manhattan and Brooklyn should be expecting at least 4 inches."
The whether mans voice filled my room, as I applied the finishing touches to my makeup.

          Ugh.  That's such a fucking dub.

         I laced up my snow boots, it was time to get in full gear for this fucking snow storm. I'd stay home, but I couldn't miss another class of accounting 100. I already missed two because I'm lazy as shit and I just hate the class in general. Or college in general.

         I looked in the mirror one last time. My makeup looked better than usual, I couldn't let this moment leave without at least one selfie.

september.ninthh

liked by _makeupbyjahara, maccosmetics, and 2,087 others september

september.ninthh Good Morning ☀️

         I looked over at the time.

          8:42am

          Fuck. I was supposed to be out by 8:30.

          I grabbed my train pass and ran out into the streets of Brooklyn.

_________________

"Late again, September?"

Nigga shut the fuck up.

I took an empty desk, and sat down. He was rambling on about nothing. As always.

It seemed like forever before 12pm hit. Yes this was a three hour class. That's why I've missed two after only the first week of school. That and the fact I haven't been so thrilled about being in college in the first place. Plus it's Friday and I'd rather be at home chilling.

        Class was finally over, and I didn't have the strength to take the trains home. I confirmed an Uber and waited.

           I put my phone in my pocket, then just as I did it vibrated. I rolled my eyes and pulled it back out.