Palms

The morning came too soon. The bright light from the sun bounced off the wall from it pouring through the window. I squinted my eyes, only to see what I've been missing for so long.

Her.

She was sitting up in bed, like she usually would every morning waiting for me to wake up. She was scrolling through her phone. It was the way that she looked so focused that made me want to keep staring at her. The way she squinted to try and read a word. I just observed her, because I was so grateful that I woke up next to her, instead of alone, or next to some random groupie.

I moved over so I could be next to her and placed a kiss on her shoulder.

"I missed waking up next to you." I said, rubbing my hand up her leg.

She just smiled and turned her phone around, showing me a picture of myself sleeping. I remember I had posted one before of her sleeping on the gram, so I guess this was some sort of payback. My hair was flying everywhere in the photo and my mouth was wide open.

"Yo you betta not post dat." I giggled. "I look fuckin' crazy."

"You could never look crazy, you know you're sexy, papi chulo." She said.

I smiled when she called me that, I used to hate that nick name but now that she's back, she can call me whatever she wants.

"You gassin' me." I chuckled. "C'mon delete it."

"I'm not gassin you, and I'm not posting it, but don't ask me to delete it cause I'm not." She laughed, moving her phone away from me when I tried to take it.

The reflection of her bracelet caught my eye. The Cartier bracelet I got her. She never took it off.

"You still wore that?" I asked, touching the bracelet.

"Well, you never gave me the screwdriver back."

I chuckled. "You could go to any Cartier store and get it unlocked though."

She shrugged. "That's mad work."

"Nah, you ain't wanna take it off." I teased her. "You was missing a nigga."

She bursted into laughter. "Shut up!"

Her phone vibrated, and she looked at her phone.

"Who dat, Rocky?" I asked, my jealously being way more apparent than what I wanted it to be.

She rolled her eyes.

"We'll talk about Rocky when you delete all those hoes from your phone."

I picked up my phone and handed it to her. "My passcode is still ya birthday." I told her. "You delete them."

"My pleasure." She said, as she started scrolling and pressing on my phone with a slight smile.

"Don't be afraid to block either." I added.

"Oh really?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

I chuckled. "Yeah, do whatchu gotta do babe."

After she finished she handed me my phone back with a smile.

"iight, lemme see yours." I said.

"No, you are not deleting Rocky's number."

"Why not?" I asked.

"Because, he wasn't a one night stand or some meaningless hoe like those girls were."

"So what does that mean? You fucked him?!" I asked.

She rolled her eyes. "No, stupid." She said. "But I'm not just gonna cut him off, I mean we're friends."

"Yeah but he likes you." I said. "And I know you like him."