Truth

I've been in a bad mood since yesterday. I've been snappy, haven't had much of an appetite, and just down in the dumps. As much as I wanted to believe her, I'd be an idiot to believe she didn't cheat on me after finding some other niggas boxers in her room, with no explanation? There's nothing else to talk about, she definitely had someone there.

My doorbell rang and I rolled my eyes. I've been avoiding people because I pretty much snap at everyone I encounter.

"What the fuck is going on?" Roxie said, as she walked into my house uninvited.

"Oh how fuckin nice, here comes the fuckin peace maker." I rolled my eyes, as I let her in. "She had a whole pair of boxers in her bedroom. They weren't mine. So if you're here to be her lawyer you could just leave."

"Well, somehow I always end up fixing shit between y'all. I might as well be a licensed marriage counselor."

"Ain't shit to fix. She fuckin other niggas, that's it."

"Were you crying? Why are your eyes red?" Rox asked when she looked at me.

"What? No." I lied. "I'm fine."

"You're not fine. You love her and she loves you. Cut this out. And to be completely honest with you, you know September is completely against cheating. So why do you think for a second she'd cheat on you?"

"Rox, listen. I know what I saw. She didn't even have an explanation. I asked her to explain multiple times. She didn't. She just stood there with all them phony ass crocodile tears. Crying cause she got caught. Who was it anyway? One of those washed up rappers who be all in her DMs?"

"What? No!" She said. "I'm sure this is just a misunderstanding."

I rolled my eyes. "No, there is no misunderstanding. Another niggas boxers just don't magically appear in her room from nowhere."

"Maybe she did laundry and it got mixed up with her clothes.

"You're just reaching now." I shook my head.

"So now what? You're just done with her?"

"I-I dont know, she just needs tuh tell me the fuckin truth. At least when I cheated I didn't fuckin lie about it when I was caught. Lying ain't gonna do nothing but make shit worse, it's actually insulting that she thinks I would believe that she didn't cheat after finding solid evidence. Like do I look like a clown or some shit?"

"Well..you do have rainbow hai-"

"Shut up Roxie, I'm serious." I said. "I'm not a dumb nigga. It's just as shocking to me as it is to you, but I'm not surprised cause you know what I'm learning? All these bitches are the same, no ones fuckin loyal."

My phone vibrated, it was the 100th text from September. The last thing I texted her was to leave me alone, cause all she was doing was going on with the same bullshit idea about how she didn't know how they got there.

I didn't even bother looking at my phone.

"She's been a wreck you know." Roxie said. "Danny, the way she talks about you, she literally admires everything about you. She's been my bestfriend for 6 years and I've never seen her like this with anybody, She's so in love with you, I can't even imagine her cheating on you. I don't know why you found those boxers there, but it can't be for the reason you think."

Before I could say anything else, I was interrupted by her phone. She picked it up and read what I'm assuming was a text.

"Oh my God." She said.

"What?" I asked.

"We have to go, cmon." She said heading out the door.

"Go where?" I asked, following her.