"I didn't know you were cheesy."

His best friend ruffled his hair back "And you're an idiot. You're letting what happened years ago affect your life again. Weren't you the one who said that you will forget everything that happened between you and Zuer and you will move on? The way you're acting now, you look like you haven't moved at all. You are still stuck."

"Are you done talking?"

DiDi had been feeling pretty good about what happened this morning.

He had a win against that abominable woman but Xi Zi just had to suck his joy out of that.

"I'm done", Xi Zi answered, raising both his hands, "We're both old now. I know that you know what you need to do."

His friend ran towards the court and joined the warm up.

DiDi felt like just bailing out on them.

He wanted to hit his head with something hard. He doesn't know what to feel anymore.

He met Zuer in college.

She was best friends with one of his blockmates and from the very first time he saw her, he felt such strong attraction for her.

He courted her until they became a couple during their Junior Year.

She was smart, funny, and didn't allow him room to be an arrogant bastard. Zuer reminded him of his mother in that aspect.

Their story wasn't the romance novel type wherein passionate declarations of love were happening every minute. He was a gentleman through and through. He was an attentive boyfriend but he'd never been very vocal.

Even then, DiDi liked to keep things to himself.

He never understood why some people liked showing off too much and making a spectacle of themselves.

But to those who really knew him (his family and friends most especially), they knew Zuer became his world.

He was a man of habit and when his habits started to become different, people around him took notice. Wang He Di is not the type to change his schedule easily. He wouldn't suddenly stop showing up for clubbing on Thursdays, basketball on Saturdays, and family brunch on Sundays but he did.

He was a changed man focused on making Zuer the happiest woman on earth.

So, no one was surprised when he proposed.

Everyone was expecting it.

Everyone was gushing how perfect they were for one another. They had the same temperaments, they liked almost all the same things, and they were so unequivocably alike, no one ever really thought there would be anything for them to fight about.

But even matches made in heaven can burn in hell.

And burn in hell they did.

When he came home from Baltimore to find Zuer in love with another man – his sister's boyfriend even, his rage knew no bounds.

In all the years they were together, she became his single focus.

And to find her throwing all of that away because Feiyu made her feel alive in ways DiDi had never been able to do before, it triggered the release of the mad man in him.

He was fuming, bitter, and really rich.

It was a dangerous combination for a man who knew how to be singularly focused in ensuring that what he wanted was done.

He wanted Feiyu crushed and crush him he did.

"DiDi, no matter what you do to him... he is still the man I love!" Zuer had told him in anger and that was the splash of cold water that slapped him awake.

He can never truly crush Feiyu because at the end of the day, that guy had Zuer, he didn't.

So, he stopped and let them be.

He told his boys he was going to move on and he thought he was doing a fine job of it until Shen Yue's book came out.

No one knows that he read that book and burned it afterwards.

NO ONE.

It showed him how inadequate he was, how all the money and the power he had was not enough. It showed him how immature he was. It showed him how unforgiving he was. It showed him how he was indeed a villain.

That book made him hate himself and when everyone else felt they had the right to hate him too, he became even more enraged because each and every one of them was right. He should be hated.

But what Shen Yue forgot to write was how he never wanted to be the villain.

All he really just wanted was to be the hero – Zuer's hero.

But people have already passed their judgment on him.

They all called him an evil man.

And he didn't want to fight that notion anymore because at the end of the day, only those important to him know who he really is. The rest of the world can go to the moon and die.

So he continued to live his life again with a devil-may-care attitude.

That was the last time that he was going to let other people in.

That's why he is beyond livid that it seems no one from his family and his circle of friends understand how angry he is with the possibility of having their lives once again exposed to the public.

Yes.

He knows what everyone is thinking.

His sister's story is a story of redemption.

It would show the world that no matter how wrong you were, how f*cked up your life became, at the end of the day, if you allow love to find you, you will be redeemed.

That was all well and good for Zi Wei but not for him.

It would have people looking at him again and thinking they have the right to judge him. He could hear it now – "How about her evil brother? He hasn't moved on yet, I bet! Well, that serves him right."

Well to hell with all of them!

He doesn't care!

He doesn't want to give people ammunition anymore. He once gave a bullet to Zuer and she shot him with it.

So, he is not going to care about what his friends will say or think, anymore. His pride was the only thing that had kept him company in the times love shunned him. So he was going to heed his pride and do what it wants him to do.

He is going to make sure he can stop Shen Yue in publishing that book.

And he is going to ruin her in the process too. He called her Mister Villain, right?

It was time he fully embraced that title.