Chapter 23

I feel a headache hitting me hard and open my eyes, groaning. I find myself in a dimly lit room. I try to move but notice that I'm tied to a chair. I'm not tied with rope though, it's all silver. I'm immune to silver, thank Sekuum, but I don't feel all that well. My head hurts like it's exploding from all the new emotions that have been pushed into it, my stomach hurts like I've been punched over and over again.

I look to my side and find Adam hunched over in a similar chair to mine. His dark hair falls on his face and his closed eyes and my fingers itch to push them away. He seems in a similar state as me, in pain. I feel the need to get closer to him and take the pain away.

My eyes widen and I shake my head at my thoughts. What's wrong with me? I mean sure he's attractive but I've never felt this way towards him.

I hear him groaning and look over to see him waking up. He blinks a few times and looks around. He finally sees me and his eyes light up. Uh oh.

"Evin! What's going on? Where are we?" I swallow hard. Somehow his voice makes shivers go down my spine and the way he says my name... What's going on?!

"I-I don't know," I stutter. I really don't know what's happening but I really hope we will find sometime soon.

He closes his eyes and groans as another wave of pain hits. I feel it too, probably in the same intensity as him. It's like being stabbed over and over again. When it passes we both stay silent.

Until I break it of course. "Adam?"

He sucks in a breath and responds as another wave hits. This time it's not intense, it's like a slap. "Yeah?"

"What did the Witch do?"

He clears his throat and sighs. "It's a curse."

I frown and turn to look at him. He's still hunched over from the last wave of pain that hit. "What kind of a curse."

He licks his lips trying to find the best way to explain. "It's something like the mate bond the Werewolves have. The thing is they try to use it somehow. They found a way to insert the bond in everyone; even Humans. Now they use it to their advantage. They use it to torture people because as a Werewolf seeing your mate getting tortured is the most painful thing in the world." I think about April. She might've told me all about the mate thing way before the latest revolution.

"So they want to use us?"

Adam clenches his jaw. "Yes."

"What for?" I frown. Maybe to get me to tell them everything about the Resistance. I growl. I would kill them if they touch Adam.

I shake my head again. What the fuck is wrong with me?

"I don't know."

I look down at the chains holding me captive and focus. Maybe I can burn my way out of them if I tried hard enough. It takes me a few minutes but finally I start getting something. I take a deep breath when I feel my skin sizzling with the warmth of my fire. First I focus on the chains that attach my wrists to the armrests of the silver chair. Soon they turn red, starting to burn but I lose all concentration as another wave of pain hits, this time much more intense than the last ones.

I shut my eyes and scream in pain. When will this end?

The pain starts subsiding and I hear footsteps growing closer. In a few seconds, the door to the room opens and light streams in. I close my eyes and hiss in pain. As soon as I hear the door close I open my eyes and stare at the person. I recognize him from the group from before.

"Finally, you're awake. I was getting bored of just letting the electric chair do the job." I frown.

Electric chair? What electric chair?

I look over to Adam and notice the difference in his chair.

Oh, that electric chair.

But that doesn't make any sense. I can feel the pain too. I have not felt anything close to being electrified though.

The man smirks. "I see you have questions. Go ahead and ask so that I can ask you mine afterward." He looks at me, eyes twinkling in what I can only name excitement. Well isn't that just fucked up?

I just stare back for a minute, not sure if I should ask him.

"No questions then?" He raises an eyebrow before straightening up from leaning against the wall in front of us. He shrugs as he walks to a metal table next to Adam. "Ok then. Let's start with mine."

He turns around and I see he's holding a sharp knife. I gasp and my eyes widen in fear. Adam glares at him and I notice he stiffens and sits straighter than before.

The man takes a lighter from his pocket and lights it, holding the knife over it and waits for it to warm up. What shocks me the most is that he has a lighter. Those are some rare objects you can't find everywhere.

"But first, let's see if this actually works, shall we?" He steps closer to Adam. My eyes widen even more. He's going to hurt Adam! I need to do something.

Adam glares at the man and tries to move away but he's tied to the chair and at his mercy. The man pulls up the sleeve on Adam's right arm and brings the knife closer to his skin. Adam's fingers are tight in a fist as he glares at the knife.

When the knife makes contact I feel it. The pain starts at my right arm and shoots up to my neck. I don't feel the burn but I sure as hell feel the cut. It's like the knife is right there, cutting through my skin and flesh until it arrives at my bone. I scream in pain, closing my eyes and hoping it would go away. Soon after, the pain dims. It doesn't go away completely though.

I open my eyes and feel tears drop down my cheeks. I look over at Adam and notice he's breathing hard, the wound on his arm still bleeding. Miraculously though, there's no sign of a burn which is confusing. Are Angels or even Fallens immune to fire? No, it can't be. They burn the Angels' wings off for them to become Fallens so they couldn't be immune to fire right? I look down at my own arm and don't even see a scratch. Even more confusing.

The man stands over Adam with a proud smirk. "Perfect," he says before turning around to get something else from the table. Then he turns around and walks towards me. I squirm in the metal chair and try to figure out what's in his hand this time.

"Are you ready to answer my questions now, sweetheart?"

*shivers in fear* well, that was intense. That guy just creeps me out. Also, poor Adam. I feel bad, now. Ugh, it's hard to be a writer! You just have to torture your favorite characters or else it wouldn't be fun anymore!

*grins* well, there you go. This was kinda short. It covered a lot though.

As always make sure to tell me what you think and vote if you liked this chapter. It would mean the world to me.

-Sam