Chapter 6

It starts getting really frustrating really soon. Not finding anything that might help me after an hour and Etan not showing up, I'm completely ready to smash something against the wall.

Etan shows up around noon and after seeing my murderous look he explains that he had to train before he came here. He also said he heard I have a chance to get on the Rostra and that I should start training too. I nod, forgiving him and get back to look through websites that don't know anything about the mark.

Etan vanishes behind the shelves, where he went last night, again and comes back with a big book. Not one of those ones that we use these days. Nope. This one is made out of paper and everything in it is written with ink. It's big and heavy and looks really old, maybe a few centuries old.

I look at it in awe. I've never seen anything like it in real life. I've seen many pictures but nothing this close up.

I stare at, mouth and eyes wide-open, while Etan searches through it. He finally finds what he's looking for after a while and pushes the book in front of me.

I see the drawing of the exact same mark I saw on Elon's arm and start reading the information about it. It's not much but it's something.

The mark of Time Travellers

The mark of Time Travellers is a mark that the God of Time gives to every one of his followers as a way to distinguish them from the rest. This mark, although the harmless look, if given to someone by force can be really dangerous. The mark should be accepted by the host; if not it will burn and the host will experience headaches and will have no control over the power given to them which comes with the mark. Although, if accepted by the host, it will make him or her very powerful as they will have a direct connection to the God of Time himself.

And that's all that's written. At least now we know what the mark is.

Etan is prepared though. By the time I've finished reading he comes back with a different book, similar looking to the one in front of me and sets on the desk, showing me another page to read. The page is half torn out but there is still something readable left on it.

Time Travellers

Time Travellers are people chosen by the God of Time who can use the power of their God to travel back and forth in time. They are extremely powerful and have the ability to manipulate time, changing it as they will. There aren't many Time Travellers present in the world as no one believes in the God of Time anymore but the ones who do are cherished a lot by their god and are almost always given more than just the power to travel in Time. The Time Travellers are personally chosen by the God of Time and are usually strong believers and worshippers of Time.

There aren't many weaknesses shown from these species but some of them could be dirt mixed with v-

And the rest is torn out, the edge of the torn paper painted red as if the person who tore it out had paint on their hands. It's like they don't want us to know the weaknesses of the Time Travellers. I know it's a stupid thing to think but it's just a feeling I have.

"Maybe we should search about the God of Time?" I suggest and Etan nods before going back to the old part of the library. I think about going with him but I'm afraid to touch these books. They just seem so fragile and delicate that I just can't.

Instead I turn back to my computer and start searching and it's not a shock that I come up with nothing.

After another hour of searching we finally decide to take a break and eat something. I haven't had breakfast this morning and now, at 5 o'clock in the afternoon, I still haven't had lunch and yes I'm starving.