Chapter 20 - Kota

Bắt đầu từ đầu

A sickening crack of breaking bones could be heard and Kota whimpered, clinging onto me for his dear life. I teared off his limps with my quirk now that he was immobilized. After that I made a bright green flash appear, claiming this kill as the Green Reaper. I made sure everyone could see it, announcing my presence on the battle field. I hope it scares off the League at least a little... Now I only have one problem left to deal with...

"Hey, it's okay Kota, you're safe now" I whispered, putting him down on the ground. I made sure he wasn't able to see the mess I just made and took his hand with a small smile.
"See? Nothing to fear"
"Y-you... You're r-really him, aren't you?" he asked with big eyes.
"T-the G-Green Reaper..?"
"Are you scared?" I asked, kneeling down in front of him so we were the same height.

"I-I heard you t-talk to that weird haired guy y-yesterday b-but I didn't t-think it was r-real" he choked out, tears coming to his eyes. And before I could comprehend it, he was hugging me.
"T-thank you! F-for saving me!" he cried out, making me smile a little as I pat his back.
"Not all villains are evil, just like not all heroes are good. Remember that, okay?"
He nodded, wiping his tears away.

"Good, now, if you promise you won't tell anyone who I am, I think we can be friends! What do you think?"
"I-I'd like that" he said with a small smile.
"Great! Now let's get you to safety alright?" I said, standing back up. So he heard me talk to Todoroki-kun huh? That's why he wasn't so scared... He'd heard me preach my believes and how the world isn't black and white. I'd convinced Kota without even knowing it myself!

Yes, he was definitely leaning more to the dark side now... Especially my side. Who knows? Maybe in the future he could be a valuable asset to D.E.K.U.? I smiled at the thought, yet this fight wasn't over yet. In the forest, we ran into Aizawa sensei, who seemed visually distressed.
"Oh thank God you found him and you're both alive!" he breathed in relief. I guess that's only natural since we're the weakest people on site. Or so he thought.

"Get back to the main building asap, got it?"
"What's happening out there? Is everyone alright?" I asked quickly.
"The only thing we know is that both the League and the Green Reaper are here. We don't know whether or not they're working together or what they're after. My first priority is to get the students to safety so go to the main building! Now!"
I did as he told me to, taking Kota to the main building.

Soon it was announced students were allowed to use their quirks to fight, meaning things just got serious. But just as the building came into view, I was stopped by one of the villains. Dabi, I think he goes by. Shoto had told me all about him after the attack on our base. He said he thought Dabi might be his long lost brother Toya, a boy who ran away from home to escape their father. I'm not sure what to think about it, but then again it's not my complex family drama.

Dabi loomed over me, making me back up onto a tree, Kota at my side.
"If it isn't the son of All For One~" he chuckled, now leaning in so his mouth was at my ear.
"I know all about you, mister Green Reaper~ Please tell my dear little brother Shoto I said hello before you send him off to fight your battles again okay?"
I didn't had time to react. Dabi just turned into goo and suddenly there was a fist in my face.

"Everything okay? That was just a clone"
It was the homeroom teacher of class 1-B.
"We're fine, thanks to you" I smiled as he guided us towards the main building. Dabi's words spun in my head. My dear little brother Shoto... So he'd recognized Todoroki too huh? I should tell him to confirm his theory. Dabi was indeed Toya Todoroki.

"Oh God! Midoriya! We're so glad you're okay!" Mina exclaimed, hugging me as I entered.
"We heard nobody was able to find you anywhere! Where were you dude?!" Kirishima asked, checking me for any injuries.
"I-I was getting Kota from his secret base" I said, the small boy now hiding behind my back. He's not really a people person I guess...
"And uh, you know, we ran into some trouble... Saw the Green Reaper-"

"You saw the Reaper?!" Kaminari gasped, grabbing my shoulders.
"H-he was fighting s-some other guy from the League of Villains. W-we uh we d-didn't really stay long enough f-for them to notice us" I stuttered timidly. He let go of me, seemingly trying to calm himself, muttering something along the lines of 'He's really here' under his breath.

Was he really that affected by my presence? Did he think I had eyes on him all the time to make sure he wouldn't slip up or something? I guess what he did really haunts him... Although I heard from Shinsou that he's already spending his pocket money on games and useless gadgets.

It worried me Kacchan wasn't in the main building already, but it wasn't until after the battle I'd know he'd never reach it. Tetsutetsu and Kendo took out the smoke guy while Tokoyami smashed someone's teeth in while being wildly out of control. The pussycats would have everything under control by then but it didn't matter. Nothing mattered anymore... Because even though we won the most fights, they won the war.

They managed to kidnap Katsuki. MY Kacchan, taken away from my by that stupid puny little League of Villains! I screamed my longs out that day, tears flowing freely down my face. I could've taken out every single one of them! And yet I didn't... I didn't because I couldn't risk my identity getting exposed and now my precious explosive boyfriend got kidnapped!

It made me wonder if dad knew about Bakugou and I dating... But he wouldn't just take him because of that, would he? He's not that overprotective... Right?

Pov Kaminari
I wiped away my tears in anger. How could this happen?! How could Bakugou of all people be taken away from us?! So many were injured and wounded, none of us could do anything and it was so frustrating! And then there was the fact the Green Reaper was at the scene as well... I know he despises the League and apparently his father build it. He took out one of their guys and Midoriya even saw them fight!

Why was he there in the first place? To protect Todoroki from any harm? Hah, that guy can defend himself just fine! But then again, that's what I thought about Bakugou too... I sighed, walking through the somber hospital halls. I just came back from Yaoyorozu, which was the last person I visited. I stopped at a vending machine, staring emotionlessly at its contents. I could really use some energy right about now...

I slowly put the money in and pressed the right button, only for it to get stuck against the glass. Oh life is just fucking great, isn't it?! I groaned in frustration, slamming the machine and accidentally using my quirk. It totally flipped and almost all snacks fell down. Hmm, that's what you get you stupid vending machine!

"Now, that's not very hero like, is it?"

I froze up at that voice, recognizing it in an instant.
"But then again, you're not a true hero~"
I turned around, shocked to see no one there. What the hell?!
"Over here, Kaminari-kun"
I looked aside, seeing none other than Midoriya Izuku staring at me. His usual smile had faded and his eyes had turned dark. Of course, his boyfriend got kidnapped, what did I expect?

But that didn't explain why I just heard the Reaper talk...
"You seem confused, let me fix that for you" he said, making his eyes glow a bright emerald green. The shock that washed over me made me stop breathing for a moment. It made my heart skip a beat and my eyes turned into satellite disks. I took a step back, uncertain of how to react to this. Midoriya is the fucking Reaper?! No fucking way! T-this has to be some kind of weird dream, right? Some illusion my mind is making up due to all the stress?

"Listen up, I don't have time for your fucking bullshit right now, got it? So be damn flabbergasted another time!" he hissed, pulling me back into reality. He grabbed my shirt and pulled me down to his height, glaring me in the eye.
"Shoto and I are gonna break Katsuki out of there. Tonight. You're in or not?"
So this sweet little small bean really is the killer of All Might...

"Don't make me repeat myself, Black-Out" he hissed, making his eyes glow again. I whimpered in fear, quickly nodding.
"I-I'm in, I'm in!"
"Great!" he smiled, backing off. It was like turning off a switch and swoosh he was back the innocent Midoriya I knew.

"I already asked Shinsou-kun but his parents won't let him go with the whole camp incident, you know" he sighed.
"Anyways! I'll be expecting you at the base at seven. That works for you?"
"Oh, uhm, y-yeah, that's totally fine" I said quickly.
"Yey! Let's go save Katsuki together!" he smiled happily, childish. It made me smile as well.

"Let's go save Bakugou" I chuckled.

And this all happened unaware of one other person listening into our conversation... A person who'd turn the tables when the right time arrives...