fugo - soothing the chords

Start from the beginning

One evening, when the gang wasn't doing anything in particular, you approached Bruno, your hands wrung. You made your way towards his office door, rapping against the wood with your knuckle and turning the knob once you heard a 'Come in'. Stepping inside the office, you saw Bruno peacefully drinking a cup of tea while reading a book in one of his rest chairs. He gestured for you to sit in the chair across from him, and you did. Taking a deep breath to gather your courage, you began.

"Bruno, I'm confused, or lost for lack of a better word, on my emotions." You started, maintaining eye contact. Bruno put his bookmarker in and set the book aside, tea cup on top. He sat up from his relaxed position and uncrossed his legs. "Lost? What has made you lost, (Name)?" He spoke gently, prompting you to continue. Your thumbs twiddled a little, and you bit the inside of your cheek. "My feelings on love, I guess. Everyone always told me that I'm supposed to like girls and have a wife, but I've been having these, uh, feelings for a guy. Is that wrong?" You finished, tensing up for the response.

Instead of a harsh word or look of disgust like you were expecting, instead you saw Bruno smiling at you and putting his hand on your head, patting you. Your eyes widened. "There's nothing wrong with that at all. You cannot control what your heart wants to love, nor should you. Love is a beautiful thing between two people, based on their relationship and trust, not what you were taught to love by standards." He concluded, now resting his hand on your shoulder.

"You will not be shunned nor ignored because of who you choose to love here in my gang, I assure you. We will support you no matter what, you are still famiglia."

You felt like a heavy weight had been taken off your chest. These feelings, they were natural, they were good. You were afraid of what the others outside of Bucciarati's gang would say about this, so you chose to keep it secret from the world. You smiled warmly at Bruno, standing up from your seat. "Grazie, Bucciarati." With a small wave from Bruno, you set off to tell the others about this. Bruno had shown you that these feelings were just the same as everyone else's when it came to love, so you could tell the others about this.

The first person you told was Giorno, who nodded. He didn't seem very phased by this at all. "I'm glad you trust me enough to tell me." The blonde said with a warm smile, giving you a fistbump. He was so understanding, just like Bruno. You only prayed the others would be as well.

Making your way to the living room, you saw Mista, Abbachio and Narancia. You pulled Abbachio away, convincing him to stop drinking for a minute so you could tell him the news. He raised an eyebrow from your news, but like Giorno, didn't seem phased. "So you like men. Cool, I guess. Now let go of my sleeve, my wine won't finish itself." Abbachio was nonchalant about it, not at all seeming interested in this. Maybe where he grew up was more used to this. You walked to Narancia and Mista, still biting the inside of your cheek. "Hey, I need to confess something to you two." You began again, but Mista had already finished your sentence.

"Yeah, you like boys, right?"

Your cheeks flushed red from embarrassment. Was it that obvious? Was it even possible for feelings to be obvious? Or maybe Abbachio was just talking too loud. You raised an eyebrow. "How did you know?" Mista crossed his arms and nodded his head towards the buzzed man at the wine cabinet. "Abbachio. He's a loud drunk, you know that, Mr. Virtuoso." You gave him a glare, but shook your head. "That's fine with you two, right?" Mista nodded, and Narancia shrugged. "Doesn't bother me. Don't know why it would in the first place though.." His eyebrows furrowed and eventually he over thought the whole thing. With a sigh, you walked to the last person. Fugo.

You didn't see him in the living room, kitchen or hallway, so you assumed he was in his room. Walking up the stairs and down the hall, you reached his door and knocked before walking in. Fugo always locked his door if he was changing or something, so you knew you weren't going to be walking in on anything, and you were right. Fugo was at his desk, studying on a new ancient religion. He was constantly wanting to learn more, even if his school days were done. "Fugo, I need to talk to you. It's important." You said, snapping him out of his studying.