28: Fallen

I was sitting in my usual spot in the university while waiting for her, at a bench in front of the hospital.

I made sure to wear normal clothes now so I won't catch people's attention. But of course, my cap and mask are still part of my fashion.

"Awww!" I saw a girl almost slipped in front of me and her books fell down.

I immediately helped her. I offered my hand and she grabbed it.

"Ohhh, I know you," she told me as we gather her books on the floor.

Shit.

I was avoiding eye contact so she couldn't recognize me.

Why the hell is she carrying all these books anyway? They're too heavy.

We stood up and I gave her the books, "Yes that's you. We met here months ago, remember? The same place!" She exclaimed grinning.

We met? Here?

I thought for a moment... did I meet anyone here other than Sophie?

Then I looked at her... "Ohh. The punk girl," I murmured.

"I'm sorry what?"

"Ahh nothing."

She chuckled, "Im Eris if you don't remember. You haven't tell me your name yet?"

"Ahh.. I don't have," I couldn't tell her because she might know me... and I don't want to.

She laughed, "What? You don't have a name? Haha! It's okay if you don't want to tell me."

I didn't answer. Waste of time. Wanna get outta here.

"Uhmm... by the way thanks for the help, see you again sometime, maybe?" She winked and started to walk away.

I frowned but I can see her uneasiness carrying those shitty books. Of course as the gentleman I am, I can't help to see her like that.

So I walked towards her and grabbed the books on her hands, "Where are you going?"

She was surprised, "Ahmm to my car. Are you sure you'll help? My car is pretty near."

"It's fine," I answered.

"Ohh alright, thanks!" She smiled at me then I followed her to her car.

I put the books on the passenger seat, "Ohh thank you really," she said thanks for like a hundred times now.

I was about to go but I noticed something, "Your knees are bleeding."

She looked down on her knees, "Ohhh... it's just a little scratch. It's nothing."

Scratch? But it's bleeding. Is she an idiot.

"There's a scratch on your elbows too, I think you should go to the hospital to disinfect those," I suggested.

"Uhhh you're right. You're going back right? Let's go together."

I don't want to walk with her, but what can I do?

"Thanks for helping me again. I want to treat you something in return, if you want?" She asked as we walk.