Chapter 20: Trouble always follows

ALL RIGHTS TO SUZANNE COLLINS!!! 😝😝😝

Glimmer's POV:

I'm woken up by a movement next to me. I growl despising the fact that I'm awake. I'm still so damn tired! I slowly turn around and as I barely open my eyes, I realise it's still dark. Suddenly I realise there's another person sitting up on the other side of the bed. My instincts were quicker than my mind. Without giving it a second thought, I quickly jump on the stranger, pushing him back. He falls on the bed with a growl and I get on top of him, pinning him down and preparing to strangle him..

"WOW IT'S ME, IT'S ME!" I hear the person yell. My eyes accustom to the dark and I manage to see who the stranger that I was trying to strangle was.

"Gloss" I breathe out.

"The one and only" he smirks.

"Wait what are you doing in my bed?" I ask confused trying to remember what happened yesterday. Even in the dark I can see the blush creeping on Gloss' face.

"Actually Glimmer... that's my bed." he says and I raise an eyebrow, confused.

"What? Why?"

"Uhm, well, yesterday, we, kind of, you know..." he tries to explain and my eyes widen. There's no way I.... and with Gloss??? What?!

Gloss doesn't dare to say anything and I'm just speechless. I quickly get off him, blushing, as I realised the position I was in. For a few minutes we just stand there, in the dark, blankly staring at each other. 

"Yeah um, Glimmer, I have to go now." he says after a few really, and I mean REALLY, awkward minutes.

"Where are you going?" I ask letting my curiosity show.

"Mentor meeting." he pauses and then continues, "Apparently president Snow is preparing a special event tonight and he's going to inform the mentors."

"Oh okay." is the only thing I manage to say. We stand like this for a few seconds and then he gets up and leaves, closing the door behind him.

I lay down again, starring at the ceiling, trying to put all of the pieces of my memory back together.

Then I realise I'm still laying in Gloss' bed and, embarrassed, get up quickly tip toe to my bedroom. Gosh, it's so dark. What time is it? I can barely see anything. Okay, one more turn and I will arrive to my- BOOM.

"Oh my god, watch where you're going." I hear a female voice hiss at me.

"C-Cashmere?" I ask, not being sure if that really was my mentor.

"Glimmer? What are you doing here? This is the mentor section of the apartment." she says, genuine surprise in her voice.

"I was just heading back to my room." I blurt out quickly. 

"Why weren't you in your room in the first place?" she interrogates. 

I feel my hands sweat. I couldn't tell her I had spent the night with Gloss, but I couldn't think of a good excuse either! I begin to breathe heavily as Cashmere awaits my answer.

"I asked her to come earlier this morning to discuss some strategies." a male voice says behind my back. I spin around and see Gloss standing a few meters from me. Well, "see" was a strong word, but I could identify his silhouette.

"Why so early in the morning?" Cashmere asks, addressing Gloss. 

"Because I wouldn't have enough time after, especially with the meeting coming up." Gloss answers and Cashmere seems to be satisfied with his answer. She gives a slight nod in my direction and both her and Gloss head out of the door.