8. Still a long way to go

You're gone and I gotta stay
High all the time
To keep you off my mind
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
High all the time
To keep you off my mind
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh
Spend my days locked in a haze
Trying to forget you babe
I fall back down
Gotta stay high all my life
To forget I'm missing you
Ooh-ooh, ooh-ooh

~ Tove Lo

Not edited!

***

Chapter eight. Still a long way to go

"OMG Leah!"

I covered my ears as soon as Lucy's shrieking voice hit my eardrums.

"Yes Lucy?" I asked in a bored tone, as I removed my hands off my ears.

"These baby clothes are just ADORBALE!" She cooed as she practically shoved a blue baby grow in my face.

I grabbed the baby grow from her, and held it so it wasn't being smothered into my face. The baby grow was nice, blue material with a theme of small white teddy bears with pink bow ties around their necks. By the looks of it, the baby grow was probably a unisex one.

"It's cute Lucy," I smiled at her, whilst putting it back on the pile.

"Well put it in the shopping cart then, you looney!" She yelled at me.

I eyed the empty card briefly before shaking my head.

"No," I said bluntly.

"Why not?"

I quickly made up a lie and told her.

"Because I want to keep looking around," thankfully she brought the lie and we continued to look around Babies R Us.

A week had passed and November was moving faster than I could blink. Every hour zoned past and every day without Leo became more unbearable. I honestly didn't know how much longer I could cope without his presence because after all he was my rock and soul, supporting me and preventing me from going weak. That was what I loved about Leo, he was always there through thick and thin, he had always supported me when we first got together and even before our second marriage.

I let my thoughts wonder as Lucy shoved a few more items of baby clothing in my face, I simply just nodded my head at whatever she was saying, not in the mood to listen to her go on and on about how cute the clothes looked.

I knew she was a lot more excited about the baby clothes than I was, I couldn't help but prefer to shop for baby clothes with Leo. It was a horrible thing to think about since Lucy had been there for me when I needed her but somehow it didn't feel right at all.

I wanted to do all the baby shopping with Leo and make it special by us arguing over which clothes or baby furniture to buy. I didn't mind having my friend arguing with me and shoving clothes at me... But it just wasn't the same.

"Leah, your miles away right now! What's going on with you? If you're craving something we can go and come back later?" Lucy questioned me. I wanted to laugh at her alarmed facial expression but at the same time I knew that would annoy her.

"I'm fine Lucy," I tried to insist.

"You really aren't, even a blind man can tell that," she disagreed.

"I'm fine-"

"No you're not!" She states accusingly, and glared at me sharply. I shrugged my shoulders and sighed heavily. What was the harm in telling her?