2. Am I wrong?

Am I wrong for thinking out the box from where I stay?
Am I wrong for saying that I choose another way?

~ Nico & Vinz

Chapter two. Am I wrong?

Bag.

Check.

Phone.

Check.

Wallet.

Check.

ID.

"Che... Oh crap! Where the hell is my passport?" I grumbled to myself, as I went through my checklist.

Today was the day that I could finally, go and see Leo. To say that I was nervous was an understatement, I was so freaking anxious and agitated that I had almost forgotten to get dressed. I had nearly walked out the door, still wearing my pyjamas, and without all the stuff I needed.

I found it ridiculous that I had to bring so much ID, just to go and see my husband. I needed my birth certificate, driver's license and my passport, which I had nearly forgotten as soon as I walked out the door. Thankfully I had decided to leave two hours earlier to get to the prison, which allowed me to get more time to get ready properly.

I was torn between dressing up to impress Leo or just dress casually but still quite impressive. I went ahead with the casual look and I had put on light blue skinny jeans, a plain white t-shirt which had black stripes on it and said 'It's a Paris thing' on it, I was also wearing a black crepe blazer along with my favourite pair of flat shoes. It was simple and not too over the top, I didn't want to make Leo annoyed with the fact that he couldn't wear his own clothes. My makeup was minimal and natural and my hair was down in natural curls, I knew how much Leo loved my natural curly hair.

I had never given much thought to how Leo was actually coping in prison, he always told me that he was fine but I didn't believe a single word he said. Some people in prison go into depression, some even get sexually assaulted and I really hoped that all that stuff wasn't happening to my husband. Leo wasn't the type to back down or obey to someone else, he was the leader and in theory everyone backed down to him.

Rummaging through my handbag, I thankfully found my passport, along with all my other pieces of ID, at the bottom of my bag. I knew I had definitely put them somewhere, I just didn't think it was at the bottom of my bag. Once I double checked that I had everything, I hopped out of the car and started making my way to the Prison.

Hemmelton Prison was where Leo was being held captive. It was funny how the prison didn't even look like a stereotypical prison. The building itself was huge and long, probably taking up to ten to fifty acres of land or more. The building seemed more modern and updated, with the white stone walls, and huge arches at the entrance of the prison.

I held onto my handbag tightly, as I walked up to the entrance and pulled open the door. A part of me was anxious to see Leo but the other part couldn't wait another moment. It was like I needed him to embrace me and hold me tight because after all I was really missing his touch and comfort.

As I walked to the reception of the prison, all eyes were on me and I immediately felt scared and intimidated. I knew that I should have asked Lia or Angelo to come with me, but I was stubborn and I wanted to see Leo by myself. I didn't bother to ask Lia or Angelo because I knew I would regret asking them anyways.

"Can I help you?" the woman at the reception asked in a bored tone. She seemed in her mid-forties, and she had dark skin as well as dark hair. A pair of glasses sat on top of her head and she was dressed in a simple navy uniform with the Prison crest on her blouse.