42. The Storm

My heavy eyelids struggled to open.

My whole body felt numb and tired. I laid on the ground, my body contorted at a painful and uncomfortable angle.

With each flutter, blackspots danced in my vision, making everything hard to see and focus on. A soft groan left my mouth and the memories of what had happened, came flooding back to me.

My body jerked up and my eyes fully opened and I can tell you now that I wished that I never opened them.

What was before me was like I was staring directly into my nightmares. It was as if I was back in my cell that I had put in for weeks when Raphael took me away to Westfields. The walls were exactly the same, stone dark brick that was crumbing and decaying in some areas. the floor even looked identical, huge slate squares that were filthy and had certain substances on them.

I breathed in heavily, taking in my surroundings. Everything was exactly the same except there was no bed. 

I tried to stand up, only to be pulled back resistively by huge metal chains. As I pulled tightly on the chains, I realised that I was missing something... where the hell was my baby?

"LUCA!" I screamed out, heaving myself up so that I was kneeling down.

"Where the hell have you taken my baby Raphael!" I screamed out, pulling more frantically on the chains that were hooked onto the walls.

Panic began to wash over me. What if he had killed Luca? What if he was alive and starving, I had no clue as to how many hours had passed, as there were no windows, allowing me to determine the time of day. I was extremely worried as the only milk that Luca drank was from me, he was still not used to taking formula, even though we had only tried once; it was enough to make me want to pump for a good couple of months more.

I screamed out again, in frustration and slammed my chains hard against the stone floor.

How could Rapheal be alive? It honestly didn't make any sense.

Unexpectedly, I heard a soft groan of pain. My eyes scanned all over for the source of the noise but I couldn't see anything. It was only me in the cell, that was encaged by huge railings and a massive steel door.

"For fuck sake!" I heard a voice curse, a voice that I knew extremely well, projecting around the room as if he was speaking into a microphone.

"LEO!?" I yelled out. "Where are you?!"

"LEANNE!?" Leo yelled back, I could hear the heavy clinking of chains, it sounded like Leo was moving around, or struggling to move.

"Are you alright? Are you hurt?!" Leo yelled out. Where the hell was his voice coming from?

"I'm fine, but Luca's gone! They took him, Leo, he's not with me!" I cried out, I was unaware of the tears that began to flow.

"We'll find a way to get out and get him back! I'll kill every goddamn fucker that's there if that's what it takes!" Leo swore to me.

Tears continued to stream down my face, I kept looking around trying to find where Leo's voice was coming from but I couldn't see anything.

"Why can I only hear you, where are you, Leah?" Leo yelled. I could hear his chains shaking even more as he moved around.

"I don't know Leo! I'm in a caged cell, it looks exactly like what I was kept in last time," I sniffed, wiping my tears.

Not only was it the exact replica of what I was kept in, but the smell was also exactly the same. I would never forget the stench of my own body odour, blood, vomit and bodily fluids. It was absolutely vile and I had no idea as to why Raphael was doing this. Why didn't he stay dead, how could he be alive?

A Dangerous Enigmaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें