Rich gulped.

"Even so if the squip is gone shouldn't his memories start coming back?" Jake asked.

"Well we don't know how you lost them in the first place" Jeremy replied "but if your hunch is correct then yes they should return."

"Sooo" Rich spoke up "why aren't they."

"There's always the chance we're wrong" Michael said "but if not traces of the squip could still linger in you."

"What!" Rich jumped.

"Calm down" Jeremy said "it's fine. It kinda happened to me to. You just need to remember the loudest voice in your head is your own."

"So that will make my memories come back?" Rich asked skeptical.

"Well... I'm not one hundred percent sure... and to be honest we done even know if this whole memory thing has to do with the squip but it's worth a try."

Michael nodded "I'll hook you up with Mountain Dew red and lots of it. Maybe that could clear your head."

"Thanks" Rich smiled.

The two stayed at chatted for awhile before leaving Michael and Jeremy.

"So was that helpful?" Rich asked as Jake drove.

"I think it was" Jake said "so do you want to stay over tonight or?"

Rich shook his head "I would love to but my parents are finally home and my brothers coming back from England to see us so can you drop me home."

"England?"

"He lives with his friend over there but he might come back to America for college so can you drop me off?"

Jake nodded "sure. I'll miss you though."

Rich laughed "you're such a sap you know?"

"I like to think I'm a romantic" Jake chuckled.

"Same thing really" Rich shrugged.

"Completely different things."

Jake stopped outside Rich's house. Rich quickly leaned over and pecked Jake on the lips.

"See you tomorrow" he smiled.

Jake grinned back "I'll be waiting."

Rich snorted before clambering out of the car. Jake drove away as he walked up his driveway and to the door. He opened his door with his keys. 

"Hello family!" Rich exclaimed.

His mother poked her head out from the kitchen door "Rich!"

She ran over and pulled Rich into a massive bear hug. Rich wheezed but hugged her back.

"Hi Mom."

"There he is!"

Rich and his mother turned to see Rich's father standing in front of them he arms out wide. Rich laughed at the apron his dad was wearing.

"Kiss the cook? Really Dad?"

"Just give me a hug."

Rich hugged his Dad who also made him wheeze.

"Dinner's almost ready" His Dad said.

"Cool."

Rich walked into the dining room and sat on a chair. He impatiently tapped his fingers on the table as he waited for dinner.

"HELLO ASSHAT!"

Rich turned to see his brother standing in the doorway a wide grin on his face.

"Hello fuckface!" Rich responded his smile just as wide.

He sat beside Rich "so how are you Rich?"

"Fine, how are you Ethan?"

"School's a bitch" Ethan replied

"That's a mood."

"How's the head?"

Rich raised an eyebrow "my head? You mean because of the fire at Jakes?"

"Well that too" Ethan said "no but I mean are your memories all back?"

"My memories?" Rich's eyes widened.

"So you don't remember?" Ethan eyebrows furrowed "But you remember Jake right. From when you were kids."

Rich started at him blankly.

"I'm gonna get Mom and Dad" Ethan quickly left the room.

Rich was left alone in complete confusion.