33

Kiana

I've been in and out of conscious, a beeping sound constantly beeping, voices mumbling around me and then I'll be back to sleep again.

Once again, I hear mumbling, shifting of feets and something probing in my right arm. This time I force my eyes open, white four walls, a beeping sound, a hospital room.

"Ugh."

I stretch my limbs, wincing in the process.

"Hey, slow down. It's going to take a while until you fully recover." Brian says, his wrinkly hand holding my own.

"How long was I out?" I ask him.

"It's been a week." He said. "The doctors are quite shocked. They say you are not suppose to wake up now but a month from now. Hell, they even said you are not suppose to be alive due to the wounds that were inflicted on you."

"Well, what can I say, I'm a strong woman," I crack a small smile.

"That's what I told them." He says, grinning back at me.

It was quiet for a while, both of us not saying anything but I could tell he wants to say something but wouldn't talk.

"Say it," I said, staring at him.

"Remember when I found you on the streets as a little girl?"

"Yesss."

Where was he going with this?

"And with you, you had a picture of you and your mom."

"Where is this coming from, Brian?" I ask, we don't talk about this.

"2 years ago, coming back from work I was driving around when I came across this woman. She looked oddly familiar and then I remembered that I've seen a younger version of her in a picture, and in you." He smiles softly, as if telling me he is not joking around.

I could feel tears whelming up, though I don't let them fall.

In a shaky voice, I ask him the question, "Are you saying, my mother, is alive?" I ask, choking on my words.

"Yes, she is." He says..

"Why didn't you tell me all this time." Not able to withhold my tears any longer, I break down, my sobs filling the room.

"She has been through a lot so I helped get herself set up and gave her all the help she needs and a stable job before coming to see you." He says.

"She's outside?"

"No, but someone is."

The confusion was clear on my face but Brian just walks out the door and in enters Xavier.

"What are you doing here?" I spit out my words.

"I came to see you and explain myself."

"What is there to explain?" I ask.

"Look, Kiana, I was serious about you and I and I wouldn't want to hurt that."

"Well look at me, I'm in a hospital."

He sighs, waiting for me to calm down.

"Well, then you better start explaining yourself."

"12 years ago Brian placed me undercover in the Rodgers organization. Since then I've been working for him and his family and then report it back to Brain."

The only thing that was on my face was shock. I was shocked to the core.

"Brian?"

"Yes, Brian." He said. "And when I realized that you were the killer I couldn't just break my long-time cover, so I took you in and then I sent the location to Brian so he and the team could follow us." He says gently, as if not sure whether I'd run or not if he said it any differently.

"So you say you've been undercover in Rodgers organization. Why didn't you just kill him?" I ask, flabbergasted with everything.

"Baby, that was your job, not mine."

"I'm still angry with you because I should be sipping on my wine collection but here I am in hospital because of you," I say.

"I'm sorry, baby." He walks up to me, and not being able to help himself, he gently cups my face, kissing me with all he has.

"I can't wait for you to get discharged so I could show you how much I miss you." He says pecking me once more.

Before he could further assault me with his kisses, a clearing of a throat interrupts us.

Brian of course stands in all his glory but the woman next to him has me choking on my tears.

"Mommy," I whisper.

"Hi, baby." The woman who looks identical to me comes running straight into me, caressing me, touching my face, running her hands through my hair.

"I. Missed. You." I say between my sobs.

"Ai, my baby, I missed you too." She sniffles, tears running down her cheeks. "Now we have found each other again, and this time its forever." I make space for her on the small hospital bed. For the rest of the day I spend it in the arms of my mother and the two men that I've come to love stand in the corner of the room, watching over us.

Life comes with twists and turn, but all we can do is keep living with our heads held up high.

The End.

-----------------------

👋👋👋

And that is it! It's been so much fun writing this story. I thank you guys for giving this book an opportunity to check it out. I love you and appreciate you guys❤.

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤