11

Kiana

Two weeks have passed and it is already time to go back to my life, and I must admit I did have a lot of fun here. I guess Brian was right after all.

This last week I spent most of the time with Xavier whether it was exploring the island together or maybe doing some of the bedroom activities, but it is now time to go back to my life and forget about him.

Maria is help me pack everything. "Are you done or do you still need help with something?" Maria asks.

I look around the room, "No, I think everything is covered. If there is anything left then you can have it."

She grins."Oh, thank you, Kiana. It's been really fun having you around the house, you should definitely come back again." She says. "It can be very quiet around here sometimes."

"Sometimes?" I ask, laughing.

"Ok, maybe all the time." We both laugh.

"I wanna thank you for everything. You've treated me very well since the day I got here." Smiling, I hug her. "I'm definitely telling Brian to give you a raise." I add pulling away from the hug.

"It was not a big deal." She said. "It was fun having you around." She repeats. "Oh please do, I have been taking good care of his daughter after all." She says, flipping her hair back.

We both share a laugh, again.

"You know what? How about we exchange numbers." I hand her my phone and she does the same.

Exchanging numbers she helps me get my bags downstairs.

"I'm going to really miss you, Kiana." She says teary eyed.

"And I'm going to miss you too, Maria," I say, feeling the tears wanting to slip down my face.

I'm not usually a cry person but she was already close to my heart.

"You know what? Looks like I'll be asking for another vacation sooner then I think and I'll be back here visiting you. Or maybe you can visit me with that increase of yours."

"Then I guess I'll be waiting for that bank notification." We both laugh again.

We say our goodbyes for the last time as I open the door and the person I least expect to see surprises me.

"What are you doing here?" I drag my luggage towards his car.

"I came to say my last goodbyes and drop you off at the airport." Xavier says.

Crossing my against my chest, "Wasn't last night a goodbye?" I ask.

He rolls his eyes,  pulling me closer. "You don't know how to greet or say goodbye? You still need to learn a lot." He says, laughing.

"Uhg. Whatever." Laughing, he both loads the trunk of his car with my luggage.

I say goodbye to Maria as Xavier drives off the long driveway and towards the airport.

It takes us an hour to reach the airport and we are now standing by the gate that I'm suppose to cross over and never see him him again.

"Now remember, delete my numbers, the pictures or anything that might remind you of my existence on this island and I'll the same."

"We spoke about this last night, and yes, I'll do just that." He pulls me closer.

"Now I'm being serious here Xavier, I don't need you drunk calling me and telling me how you miss and confess your undying love for me."

I'm seriously being serious here.

He laughs, "Yes, Kiana, now bye." He places a peck in my lips one last time.

"Bye." I whisper.

I turn around, walking through the gate.

Don't turn. Don't turn. Don't turn.

I turn around and see him still standing there waiting for me to disappear from sight.

Bye. I mouth.

I watch him do the same before I disappear from sight.

--------------------

Hey lovies👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋👋.

I've missed you guys so much!

Q:

What do you guys think of the book so far?

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤