31

Kiana

The bumpy road jolts me awake but the hands running through my hair soothes me back to my unconscious state.

"My wonderful baby girl." My mother says, fixing my pigtails.

I look at her through the mirror as I respond back to her, "You look beautiful too mommy." I say, a cheeky grin on my face.

She bends to my level, placing a fat kiss on my cheek. "Why thank you, baby." She continues to play with my pigtails.

"Mommy what's happening to me? Am I in serious danger? Am I going die? Should I have not trusted him?"

She sighs, "I can't say anything, baby. You need to ride this out on your own." She says wistfully.  "But I'm so happy you let your guard down and you have people who care about you, and no, I have a feeling that trusting him was your best decision ever."

I smile at her, trusting her instincts.

"Mommy, are you dead?"

She smiles at me, like she knows something I don't know.

"Am I going to come out of this mommy?"

"Yes, baby, and you will come out stronger."

I smile at her but soon my smile falls, I eye my hands, "I love him. Should I even be feeling like this? We hardly know each other."

"You know, I know that the things that took place around the house was crap, but I don't want you thinking that this is something that happens to everyone. It was not love. What you saw was not love at all baby. You have your own handsome young man now, and he will take good care of you, baby."

I stare at her.

"Mother instincts." She shrugs her shoulders.

I sigh, her answer not satisfying me.

She laughs, kissing both my cheeks.

"Soon baby, soon you will know everything."

She stands up, dusting her dress off as she walks to a door.

"Baby, sometimes things are not what they seem to be. Just remember that."

"Mom, where are-"

I'm jolted from my sleep when the car abruptly stop.

I pant, my eyes wandering around the small environment. Not a second later the door is opened and I'm being dragged out the car.

Xavier leading the way, an unknown man drags me, following Xavier to whatever direction they leading me to.

I let the fool drag me down the narrow corridor as I try to catch my break from my dream or whatever it was.

A steel door is banged open and the fool throws me across the room. I look up, for a moment, I see anger flash across Xavier, his hands fisted ready to punch the guy, but he takes a deep breath, calming down. He walks up to me, pulling me up and my placing me on a chair before grabbing a rope, tying my hands and feet.

The room was cold, the steel cold chair not helping the situation at all. I could hear water drip from somewhere in the room, and the small room had no windows. I assume this is a basement.

Once they have made sure that I was secured, the doche stands by the door but Xavier approaches me.

"Hi, babe." He says softly, his eyes gentle.

I spit on his face, anger and frustration taking over me as I couldn't tell that Xavier wasn't who he says he is. "So, I guess you are Marko then." I state.

Before he could say anything the steel door is banged open again, interrupting him.

Who ever it is that has entered through the door let's out a sinister laugh, one that even causes goosebumps to rise.

"Oh, no, darling, not him." Xavier was still obstructing my view so I still couldn't see the intruder.

"Oh, but I am." This man finally comes into view and I'm a bit lost of words.

----------------------

Don't you guys worry, it continues to the next chapter so close your mouths, grab some popcorn, whatever beverage you choose and let's read!

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤