22

Kiana

"So you taking a date to this gala you going to?" Maria asks as she straightens my hair with a straightener.

Finally Saturday arrives, the day of the gala and also the night Rodger takes his last breath. "Its a charity event that I'm attending alone, Maria, you know that already." I respond to the nosy Maria. Rodger had sent me text last night stating that he won't be able to pick me up so he'll be meeting me at the gala instead.

"I know. I'm just making sure that I'm not being lied to." She eyes me.

I'm not one to trust easy or get attached easily but with my time spent with Maria over the vacation period and now, I already consider her my bestfriend so lying to her makes me guilty but I wouldn't want her knowing about what I really do. "Its just charity event I've been invited to. You know charity events right? Doing it to better the lives of people."

"Yes, I know what charity is, so can I come along?"

"No!" She raises her eyebrow. "I mean it's only by invitation."

"Okay." She works silently.

20 minutes she finishes the whole head. "Okay that's it," She squeals bouncing on the tips of her toes. "Okay, let me just wrap it up and then you go take a shower." She helps me out of my seat. "Then when you done we'll work on your make up and get you in that dress that I'm yet to see." She smiles wide. "Oh, and you have to shave!"

I smile gratefully, "Thank you, Maria. You didn't have to help me but thank you." I don't think I remember feeling this way since my mother, yes, Brian is there and I'm grateful for him but it's different.

"Pssh, whatever, what are friends for?"

I laugh, "Oh, and I never forget to shave." I wiggle my eyebrows before entering the bathroom.

2 hours later I exit out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, "Okay, I'm done and ready for your hands to work me."

She looks me up and down, "Well you clean up pretty well for being in a skimpy towel."

"Uh, whatever." I sit on the chair as she starts with my make-up. Doing a bold look with a smokey eye and ending it dark, bold red lipstick.

Happy with look she went for I go collect the gown from the closet. Going to my closet I take out the gown I had chosen and I carefully place it on the bed.

We admire the dress as we look over it.

I sigh, "I'm definitely going to look gorgeous today."

"Damn right you are." She sighs wistfully. "I wish I could be there to witness everyone's reaction when you step out of the car."

She helps me put on the dress. Once on I move to the mirror to view it.

"You look gorgeous." She says from behind me.

The dress looked gorgeous. It was a silk, deep maron colour, with a thigh slit on the right side.

"Thank you." I run my hands over the dress. "Can you give me a second? I'll be out now." She leaves, providing me with the privacy I need.

Luckily the slit wasn't too high, so I bend on my knees as I pull out a small case underneath the bed.

Opening it, I find my new custom made gun.

"A beauty right before my eyes." I whisper, running my hand along the black beauty.

This wasn't any gun. It was specially designed and custom made for my favourite type of weapon.

"You, beauty, will have the honour of killing our dear Rodger Sax." I say.

Smiling like a manic, I move back to the mirror. I rise the dress up as I place my gun in high thigh holster and wrap it around my waist.

"I definitely can not wait to use you tonight." I small in the mirror.

I look at the clock noticing it was already 7:30. I need to move quickly if I want to reach the gala on time which starts in hour from now.

I put my black heels on before I start to descend down the stairs.

Maria was no where in sight once I got downstairs so I shout a bye before leaving the house. Evan opens the door for me as I enter the back door.

"Are you ready to go ma'am?" The bodyguard, Evan asks.

"You can go now Evan."

We ride silently, my phone lights up with a message, "where are you?" It asks.

"On the way. 40 minutes to get there." I type back.

Due to being outside of the city it took 50 minutes to reach the event. Evan opens my door, momentarily being blinded by flashing lights from the paparazzi.

Rodger meets me half-way and we pose in front of the cameras.

With the cameras flashing one thought came to mind.

"The beast has kicked the bucket."

Those will be the headlines.

I smile as the cameras continue to flash.

●●●

Brian

"And?"

"She just left sir."

"Okay, that's good." I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Maria, it's time you come back home. I feel like this mission is still far from over, you and Mateo are to be at the agency tomorrow morning."

"I'll book the flights now, sir."

A knock sounds at the door, "Come in." I shout.

"Sir,"

"Gary, did you find anything?"

"Still nothing."

"Dig deeper Gary!" I hit the table with my fist. "There's something we missing here."

"I'll get to it." He places a file on the table before leaving.

Marko. Marko.

Who are you?

--------------------

Did you guys ever suspect that Mary was an assassin? Tell me what you guys think.

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤

The Girl With An AxeOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara