28

Xavier

It's been two days since I landed and moved into the apartment.

Since then I have made so much progress about who the killer might be.

From the results, I got from the last footage of the killer I was able to cross-examine the killer by their frame structure, height and their walk and was able to come across potential suspects.

I know it sounds crazy but it took sleepless nights and a lot of coffee.

So far I have come across 40 people with the same movement and height of the killer.

On my short stay here I was able over hear a conversation between my female neighbors, apparently a cafe, five minutes away from here is having a giveaway. Giving out free meals to lucky customers to thank them for supporting their establishment. I say lucky for me.

I send out an email to all 40 suspects asking them to 'meet' me.

Ok, maybe it didn't directly say that, but it's still the same. If saying they have won a free meal, I don't know how that isn't directly saying come meet me.

I decide to take a shower first before leaving, I wouldn't want to scare anyone away with my smell.

•---------------•

I enter the small cafe, the chiming bell announcing my presence.

I had came across the small cafe a day before. It might be just a cafe but it was popular and a fancy one with reasonable prices. It fits the perfect spot to bring the suspects here.

I walk up to the counter, "Hi, I would like to hire out the whole place today starting right now in fact." I say.

"What?" He asks flabbergasted.

"I'll pay you $50000 and for you to clear the out and every customer in here."

"Can everyone please leave. We are closing the cafe early today," He says helping people out their chairs and exit the door.

He approaches me taking his apron off, "That's it sir, I'll be going as well but is there anything you need before I go."

"Actually you are not going anywhere." The boy, probably 17, gaps, his jaw to the ground. "Now listen carefully, 40 people will be walking through that door and they will be here for their free meals, but don't you worry I'll be paying for their meals." I add, as I wouldn't want the poor boy to drop to the ground as his eyes had widened.

"Ok." He shakily responds.

"Now what you have to do is just take their orders and say nothing. You hear me?" I emphasize my words to the boy.

He breathes in deeply before breathing out, "Loud and clear." He fixes his posture, sounding more confident.

"Now, listen, I'll be at the back watching. You got that?" I ask.

He nods his head, going back behind the counter whilst I take a seat in a booth at the back of the cafe where I won't be noticed.

•--------------•

6 hours had passed and only 20 people had come through to collect their free 'meals'.

None of the 20 people that had come through were one of the killers.

It's either they were heavyweight, lazy bugs or snob people, too thin, or too lanky.

I sigh. I guess I have to wait for 20 more people.

As time went by the people went by as well collecting their free meals.

It was now 11:30 pm in the night and there was one more person left that hasn't come yet to collect their free meal.

The young boy approaches me again, "Sir, I don't know if the last customer is coming or not but we need to close up the cafe soon." He cautiously say, probably not wanting to upset me.

I sigh, "Just give it an hour than you can close up the cafe." I say.

He timidly nods going back to the counter.

30 minutes had passed and still, no one had come yet.

Being fed up with the waiting game I stand up ready to leave, the the small bell above the door chimes announcing a new person entering.

"Hi, is it too late to collect that free meal." Says a voice that I could never forget and even if I tried my dreams will remind me.

My head whips up, my eyes coming across the most beautiful woman ever.

"Kiana?" I ask shocked.

She looks up upon hearing her name, the moment she notices it's me her facial features transform to shock.

"Xavier."

----------------------

Hey lovies👋👋

You guys know what to do😉.

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤