23

Kiana

A hand around my waist and a wide grin on my face we enter inside the gala.

There was a thousand of snob looking people in gowns and tuxes parading around.

"What do you think, love?" He asks smirking, a proud look on his face.

"I love it." I say grinning wide, bouncing on the tips of my toes, keeping up with the pretence of his happiness. "It's so gorgeous, baby. I'm proud of you for doing this."

"I know." He responds arrogantly. "And judging by your excitement this is probably your first gala." He raises his eyebrow. "Don't show it. It's a turn off."

This son of a-

"Smile love. People are watching." He says smiling as people pass their greetings, but his eyes are set in a glare as if to warn me not to mess up his moment.

Taking a deep breath, I smile, showing off pearly white teeth.

"Is this better baby?" I ask, my smile strained.

"Much better. If you keep it up, I can show you more things in life." He whispers in my ear as there was an old couple approaching us.

Wanting to strangle him there and than, but I choose to let it go and leave that for later tonight.

"Mr and Mrs Campbell, its lovely to see that you've made it. I hope that so far the gala has impressed you."

"Thank you for the invite Mr Sax, and yes, the gala is amazing." Mrs Campbell answers in her snobbish voice, I might add.

"Hi, my na-"

"Mr Campbell, I see that you've come along today, so that means you accept my proposal. Right?"

They cut me off. These snobbish people cut me off.

"I have given it a great thought and yes, I accept your proposal." He responds back.

Mr Campbell's face was neutral without any emotion, but I was trained for things like this and according to the tight grip on the wine glass, he was angry at whatever this proposal was about.

We say our goodbye and walk away from them, Rodger turns back to me, "I told you to smile, Liala, and when I said smile I meant just smile and not talk." He states.

"You mean I should just be a trophy and look shiny?" I ask, narrowering eyes at him but still with a smile on my face for the watchers around us.

"Yes. A trophy. You see, you get it now." He smiles patting my hand.

I turn my face away from him as we continue parade around and greeting people.

●●●

2 hours later we were seated in our chairs and served our food, Rodger had went up the stage a few times announcing things and thanking people for showing up. A different men getting on the stage as well, Rodger came back to his seat.

Finishing up our food we were than served our deserts which is what we are eating right now.

"Finish up quickly and then we can go dance and after that we will leave." He says as he calls a waiter to collect his plate.

I respond with a nod I continue to slowly eat my desert, just irk him.

10 minutes later he pushes my plate away from me, "Come on, you taking time." He stands up extending his hand for me to take.

We reach the dance floor and he pulls me to his chest. A hand placed on my upper back and with his other hand he interlaces our fingers together and we move along to the music that is being played.

As Rodger and I dance we were approached by different men to take their chance to dance with me.

I was probably dancing with the sixth guy that had approached me but Rodger had cat our dance before the song was over to state we will be leaving in 10 minutes.

"It was nice meeting you but I have to leave now." I tell the guy whose name I'd already forgotten.

"You as well and thank you for the dance." He kisses my cheek.

I move to the direction of the entrance and find the car already there waiting for me and the paparazzi gone.

Getting in the car we ride silent till we reach our destination.

Entering the lobby I notice something is different. "Where is everyone?" I ask looking around.

"The whole hotel is mine for the month so there is no one besides us here." He states pulling me in direction of one of the many elevators.

Definitely going to work in my favour.

I look back behind me noticing that Martin is behind us and already watching me.

This might not be as simple as I thought.

---------------------

Hey lovies❤❤❤

I'd love to hear from you guys so let me know what your thoughts are.

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤