27

Xavier

It's been two weeks since Marko gave us the assignment to find the person that killed his father.

It's a good thing that his father never listed him in any of his business or gave him his surname because than the killer would know that we'd be after them.

Since I've started on this case I was able to make progress.

I managed to find small remains of a camera. I was able to piece the small device together. The footage was ruined but I was able to get just a small piece of footage of someone exiting the penthouse five minutes before the building exploded.

Yes, the footage didn't show the face of the owner nor the shoes, just a black jean. I had a friend of mine track where the camera came from and maybe that person could be from the same place.

According to my guy the small tech comes from a place I know too well, Los Angeles, CA.

Unfortunately, I still couldn't tell if the person was male or a female, but according to my long-time experience, jobs like this, it's a male.

I board off the plane welcoming the warm Los Angeles, CA air as I deeply breath in the familiar air.

I start the car I had rented from the dealership and I was on the road in a matter of minutes.

•-------------•

An hour later I had reach the apartment I had booked on the way here. It was a medium looking apartment, not dingy looking, not fancy-looking. Perfect spot for an assassin on a mission.

Checking in at the counter I collect the keys. Walking to one of the elevators I drag my 3 suitcases along.

Arriving at the floor 6 I enter my apartment room, room 610. The apartment was not bad at all, it wasn't small nor too big. It was a decent size. Perfect for the period I'd be here for.

Closing the door behind me I leave a suitcase by the door and drag the other two to the sitting lounge.

Rearranging the furniture I push it all against the wall.

Finding the space open enough I open up one of the large suitcases.

Revealing the guns, I lay them on the floor. The second large suitcase was my four laptops I had packed before I came here.

Placing everything on the floor, I take the time to set everything up.

When all that is done I drag the third case to my bedroom and unpack all my clothes and place everything in their rightful drawers.

Once I had finished with packing I pull my phone from my back pocket to call Marko.

Dialing his number it rang three times before he pickes up.

"Marko." The was a noise in the background before I hear the sound of a door banging before there is nothing in the background.

"It's Xavier. I have landed and if there is any progression I will let you know." I go straight into business, there is not a day I'd spend with this men and I'd not chitchat with him anytime soon so straight to business is what I prefer.

"I'm giving you a week and a half. Don't disappoint me." He hangs up the call.

I hated when people hung up the phone on me.

I decide to take a shower before hitting the bed since it was just 12 in the morning.

Entering the shower I do the same thing I have done for the last four months.

Hot water beating my skin, I close my eyes and let my mind wander back to her.

"Hi, Xavier, did you miss me?" She sultry asks.

"You know I did, Kiana." I wash my body away as I let my mind drift away with my Kiana.

---------------------

Tell me what your thoughts are, it can be whatever, but let's talk, lets have a conversation.

Vote. Comment. Share. Follow.

❤❤❤