"Hey babe". She answered.

"Where you at? I stopped by yo crib and Naya and Jameer said you was gone". He asked.

"I'm at the cafe wit some new friends I made. But Imma be back in like a hour or so". She replied.

"Alright, I love you". 

"I love you too". She blushed as the rest of the group looked on in awe.

They hung up and the group burst into a fit of aw's.

Nia just laughed to herself.

"Yaaass Ms. Nia got her a lil boo thang". Angel smiled.

"Aww, how long have y'all been together?". Delaney questioned.

"It'll be three years next month". Nia blushed, playing with the promise ring Roscoe gave her.

The group stared at her in shock.

"Girl yas I need me one of them. I'm sick of these lil hump and bump relationships". Jaziah rolled his eyes.

"Ok, but you start the lil hump and bump relationships". Angel looked at Jaziah.

"Ok but why they gotta go along wit what I want". 

The girls burst into laughter.

"Uhn-uhn I am too done". Nia swiped away some tears.

Just then, Anaya walked into the cafe and was hearing all this laughter. She turned and seen Nia sitting at the table with three people and immediately went outside and called Jameer.

"Girl guess who sitting up here kekeing wit some new people at the cafe". Anaya reported.

"Who?". Jameer frowned.

"Nia. It's two bitches and a nigga". She peeped through the window.

"Girl they probably just working on some shit for class". Jameer brushed it off.

"Then why is old dude twerking and they laughing?". Anaya kept looking through the window.

"What the hell do Nia think she doing?". Jameer frowned.

*
11:44 AM

Even though Nia had told Roscoe she would be home in an hour, she ended up staying for four. 

"I had too much fun wit chall. We defly need to link again and do something besides the project". Nia chuckled.

"Most def. We gon link again tomorrow to discuss the lil project or whateva and then we can hang out". Angel planned.

"Ok. I got a eight o'clock class but I'm free afterwards". Nia waved.

She drove back to the apartment and Roscoe's car was in the lot.

She went upstairs and unlocked the door and everybody was in the living room looking at her.

"What's going on in here?". She looked around.

"Where have you been all morning?". Jameer questioned.

"Class. Then went to discuss a project with some people. Why?". Nia frowned.

"Girl I seen you at the cafe kekeing wit them people. You ain't gotta lie". Anaya stood up.

"Once again, we was discussing a project. And why y'all clocking me. Like if anybody should be clocking me it should be my boyfriend". Nia cocked her head to the side.

"Nia if you making new friends you can tell us. We not gon be mad". Jameer reassured her.

"I don't give a fuck if y'all would be mad. I'm allowed to see who I please. If I make new friends I'll let y'all know". Nia rolled her eyes.

She was so tired of Jameer and Anaya treating her like she was their property. She wasn't that same shy girl they met in high school.

"Look Nia, all we tryna do is look out for you. And you bugging". Anaya replied.

"I don't need you looking out for me. If something looks fishy I know how to get out on my own. I'm not the same shy bitch y'all met in tenth grade". Nia sighed.

"Ok damn we'll get off the topic". Jameer shook her head.

Nia was irritated and no longer wanted to be around them. She just decided to hang in her room for the day.

*
5:07 PM

Nia was so bored. She had caught on all her shows, she made a little plan for her portion of the project, she did her laundry, and she even cleaned her room. But now she had run out of stuff to do. As by the grace of God, she had gotten a call from Angel.

"Hey girl". Nia answered.

"Hey bih. What chu doing?". Angel greeted.

"Nothing. Sitting around bored as hell". Nia sighed.

"Oh good! Me and Delaney was wondering if you wanted to come out to a lil kickback wit us?". Angel invited her.

"Most def. What time?". Nia agreed eagerly.

"Around nine but they black so show up at ten". Angel chuckled.

Nia laughed.

"Alright I'mma see y'all then". Nia hung up.

She was too happy. She hadn't even been to a college party before so she had to look bomb tonight.

She walked out her room and Roscoe and Shaun were gone.

"Nia can you watch Jaelle for me tonight? Me and Anaya tryna go out". Jameer asked.

"Actually I already got plans but you could ask the guys". Nia declined.

"Bet. Thanks tho". Jameer walked off.

She went back in her room and planned her outfit for tonight.