Chapter 44

Chapter 44

Lola's point of view.

~ Thursday ~

I entered the church, tears picking at my eyes. My mother was sitting at the edge of the first pew, her skin sickly and pale, and her eyes dull. Since the divorce, she hadn't been her usual cheery self. And although his last moments weren't his best, and in a way, jealously got the better of him, he really was a good husband to her in the beginning.

I took a seat next to her, enjoying her warm cuddles as she placed an arm around me. Since our fight a few days ago, I hadn't been in contact with Joe. Alfie had made sure he told him to avoid coming to the flat, and although incredibly impractical, I was thankful.

"You okay?" Mum asked, smiling sadly in my direction.

"No," I sighed. "You?"

She shook her head, a few years slipping down from her eyes. We shuffled closer to the end of the seat, making room for Alfie and Zoe. Their first scan was at the end of the week, though I was unsure whether I'd be able to attend, what with the whole Joe situation.

Around ten minutes later, the service started. I couldn't say that I wasn't upset Joe hadn't turned up.

Unexpectedly, he came walking down the aisle just as Alfie got up to speak. I smiled through the tears, allowing him to sit where my cousin once did.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, pulling me into his side and kissing my forehead, whilst making sure not to disturb the people around us.

I shook my head in response, kissing him lightly on the lips before resting my head on his shoulder.

~ Afterwards ~

"I can't believe you're off to Paris!" My mum said, brushing away both happy and sad tears. She smiled, though, knowing this was something I'd always wanted to do.

"Be safe, and no messing around! I know what you kids get up to when I leave you alone!" I laughed,squeezing her body tightly against mine.

"I will, and say hi to everyone back home." I cried, upset that she was going back to Australia once again. Every parting was emotional as the last, and I still hadn't got used to the feeling of being away from her for such a long time.

I hugged Zoe, telling her to tell me all about the scan when we get back, and afterwards, Alfie. Joe and Caspar had finally finished packing the car up, and I trotted over to them after kissing my mum goodbye once more.

"Ready?" Joe asked, ushering me into the car. I pulled the seatbelt across my body while Caspar revved the engine and he got in the opposite side in the back, allowing me to cuddle into his side while we drove.

I nodded, waving to my friends and family as we pulled away from the church.

"Bye dad." I whispered, brushing the last of my tears away.

Paris, here we come.

-------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey :)

Btw the picture to the side is a photo I took in Paris <3 pretty cool huh? :)

There are only 10-15 chapters left :( it's gone quick..

Thank you to everyone who's read/is reading :)

Just wondering, who's going as what for Halloween? If you've read Fallen by Lauren Kate, you'll understand my costume, I'm some kind of Luce inspired person thing..

Anyways I might update tomorrow, or tonight, or Monday, who knows :)

Love you

B x