Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Zoe's point of view.

I woke at nine, reading the blurry numbers off of my phone. After checking twitter and Instagram, I got up, showered and changed into a floral skirt and white tee, before braiding my hair and applying a thin coat of make up.

The others were still asleep in the lounge, I could even hear Joe snoring, so I tiptoed to the kitchen and began making pancakes.

By the time I heard Tanya wake up, breakfast was laid out on the table. I mouthed to Tan, "Are they awake?" She shook her head, blushing, as I went in to check on them. Sure enough, they hadn't moved since I got up. God they looked cute all cuddled up on the sofa!

I fetched Lola's phone from her bag, and snapped a picture of them. Luckily, I was able to slip it her folded jean's pocket just before she awoke.

Lola's point of view.

As I forced myself to wake up, propping myself up on my elbows, I could barely make out a very excited Zoe standing over me. I rubbed my eyes, before attempting to get up. However, Joe's arm was draped across my waist, and I was forced to stay still.

"Wake him up!" I mouthed to Zoe, after whispering in his ear with no luck. I heard the rush of water, before Zoe entered the room with a glass full of tap water. She signalled for me to move as far as I could, before tipping the whole glass over us both.

I looked at Zoe, frustrated. "Sorry!" she exclaimed, although her and Tanya were in hysterics. I sat on the edge of the sofa, trying to wipe the water from my face. Joe was shouting at Zoe, which I have to admit, made me laugh. His damp hair was flattened to his forehead, which made him look particularly funny.

I stood up and walked to the hall, fully aware that my bra was visible though the wet white tee. "Pervert!" I heard Zoe shout at her brother as he stared at me, before I made my way upstairs.

My hair was in desperate need of a wash. I grabbed a towel from the cupboard and headed to the bathroom, whilst singing my heart out in the shower. I dried my hair and styled it into a messy bun and got changed into a pair of black skinny jeans and a yellow top with daisies printed on it. Before throwing my wet clothes into the laundry basket.

Once downstairs, I noticed Joe was missing. I heard the rush of water through the piping, and came to the conclusion that he was in the shower. I toasted two pieces of bread, spread a very generous coat of Nutella on them and set one plate on the counter for Joe, before tucking into a slice of my own.

As I was about to wash my plate, I heard my phone vibrating. With consent from Zoe in the form of a quick nod, I stepped out the front door and leaned against it. I hadn't looked at the caller ID before answering.

"Hello?"

"Hello Lola! It's your mum!"

"Oh, hey mum! How are you?" I asked. She hesitated, before replying with 'Fine'. I was confused at why she called, as we seemed to be having a regular conversation.

"Mum, I've gotta go now. Can we talk later?" I said, resting my hand on the door handle.

"Um, yes of course. Um,"

"What is it mum?"

"Me and your father have divorced, and he's coming to live in England." I stood there in shock.

"Lola?" She said, but I'd already hung up.

---------------------------------------------

A/N

Seeing as we're already at chapter 6, is there anything you want to happen now/in the future?

I know the whole thing is moving pretty darn quickly, but don't worry! There'll be some setbacks (if you want!)

I appreciate all comments and votes!

Thanks for reading

B x