Chapter 37

Chapter 37

Joe's point of view.

"Lola." I whispered, my voice hoarse, fidgeting under the hospital bed sheets. I looked up, determined to open my eyes however much the blaring light blinded me, to see three worried faces peering over me, one being the doctor.

"Lola." My voice got louder. "Where's Lola?" Zoe walked over to me, placing her hand over my scolded, shaking one.

"She's fine, Joe." Tears streamed down my face. "You saved her. You're a hero." Ignoring her , I sat up, pushing my sister's hand away. A nurse came rushing over to me, trying to force me to lay down again.

"I want to see Lola." I cried, tears streaming down my face. "Let me see her!" The nurse continued to push me, careful of the burns scattered over my body.

I was eventually able to get up, shoving the nurse and Zoe behind me. Ripping the paper curtain open, I stormed down the corridor and through the first pair of swinging doors. A stream of people followed me, calling for me to come back and sit down.

After no luck, I returned to the first corridor and through the next set of doors.

"Lola Woodley. Where is she?" The receptionist in the area began searching on her computer, before stopping when the nurse stalking me shouted at her. Sighing in frustration, I almost missed the assistant walking towards me, carrying Lola's signature jeans and white shirt, a grey beanie placed on top of the pile.

Dashing though the doors she came from, I stopped at the sight in front of me. Zoe sighed, and the nurse behind finally said that it was okay for me to come closer.

I took small steps forward, taking in every inch of the burnt, black body. Her skin began to get red and bloodied towards her chest area, and I was horrified at the sight of her face.

There wasn't an inch of skin that wasn't red, her neck was cut and black with the smoke.

I broke down in tears, reaching forward to hold her hand.

"Lola. No," my voice was muffled by my cry of sympathy. "I'm so sorry."

Zoe stood behind me, placing a hand on my back to try and soothe me. It was then that Alfie appeared, placing a hand around her waist and gazing lovingly at his cousin, who was yet to gain consciousness.

Lola's point of view.

I stared into the blackness surrounding me. I couldn't feel anything but the sharp pains rushing through my body every few seconds. The disgusting smell of smoke was slowly filling my lungs, making inhaling harder each time I tried.

I only wished I could see Joe's face again. Just looking at him would give me hope. I could imagine his worried expression, crying at the side of my bed and everyone begging for me to wake up.

And I tried, I really tried, but it was impossible.

Suddenly, I felt a pain, worse than the others, race through me. It felt like I was being punched, repeatedly. Every time harder than the last. In my head, I was screaming for Joe, wanting him to come and hold me, to make everything okay.

But in reality, there was nothing.

Pure silence.

Even the breathtaking pain had stopped.

I couldn't feel my fingers, toes;

My whole body was numb.

It was almost as if the word had stopped existing.

----------------------------------------------

A/N

I'm so sorry.

Feels will be intense from this point onwards.

Did u like it?

Lub oo

B xx