Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Joe's point of view.

It was Christmas day, and boy had time gone quick. It seemed only days ago that Lola had first stepped foot in my house. I couldn't wait for her to receive her present tonight!

I had been laying awake next to her for just over half an hour. I watched as her chest rose and fell. Even the way she breathed was perfect. I couldn't believe she was mine, all mine. She could get anyone she ever wanted, but no, she chose me. She was enough of a present for me.

Reluctantly, I rolled off the bed, leaving the imprint of my body In the sheets, and freshened up in the bathroom. Then I made my way downstairs, admiring the tree we'd put up a week ago.

~flashback~

"Joe!" Lola called from the lounge. I brought through two full mugs and placed them on the coffee table, before kneeling down next to her.

"What is it?" I asked, turning her round to face me.
"We haven't got a star!" she said, disappointment filling her voice.
"Is that all?" I laughed. She stuck out her bottom lip, which I kissed. It quickly turned into a heated make out session. Pretty soon our clothes were scattered over the room and our bodies entangled with each other.

Oops.

~flashback over~

I laughed, making my way to the kitchen to bring her breakfast.

Lola's point of view.

I awoke to the door creaking open, and the familiar tall figure stepping into my room and laying on top of the duvet, next to me. I rubbed my eyes and rolled over to face him.

"Hey love."
"Morning." I croaked, noticing Joe had a cup of coffee and plate of toast in his hands. He reached over and placed them to the other side of me, before pecking me on the lips.
"Merry Christmas!" he cheered.
"Ditto!" I replied, a smile beaming from my face. I picked up the mug, warming my hands before taking a few sips.

As I did so, he reached for the draw on the table beside him, and pulled out a small violet box. I put the toast down, and took hold of the box, scared to open it.
"Open it!" he gestured towards it, whilst I took my finger on either part and forced it open.

Siting in the middle of a plump cushion, stood a gorgeous silver ring. It had a sort of Celtic pattern around it, and inside the word "Always" was engraved.

"Joe! It's beautiful!" I cried, and could feel my eyes watering. He slipped it delicately onto my finger, lacing his finger with mine.
"Just like you!" he said with a smile. "I just want you to know, I'll always be here. Even if we're apart, I'll always be in here," he placed my hand on my heart, with his on top. "I'll never leave you Lola. I love you."

I struggled for words, bewildered by what he'd just said. In the end, all I could get out was "I love you too." before we shared a passionate kiss.

After dressing into a tartan knee length dress with 3/4 length sleeves and a pair of black tights, I received a call from Zoe, inviting us over for lunch. We exchanged merry Christmases, and hung up. That was the first of many Christmas calls.

After talking to almost all of the youtubers I'd met so far, I called my mum and dad. Since they'd divorced, they'd been pretty distant. I guess I could understand why though.

"Merry Christmas!" my mum shouted through the phone.
"You too!" I replied, faking the enthusiasm.
"Have you got your present from me yet?" she said expectantly. I walked over to the door, opening it slightly.
"Nope! I didn't know you were sending gifts!"
She laughed, before saying "what time is it?"
"Eleven." I replied, slightly confused.
"Aah, it should be here in half an hour then."
We said our goodbyes, before I placed my phone on the bedside table and joined Joe on the sofa. We ended up watching the Grinch, one of my favourite films. Yes, I am just a big kid!

As soon as the clock reached 11:30, I heard a knock at the door. Reluctantly leaving Joe's warm embrace, I hurried myself over to the door, unlocking the safety latch, and opened it, rubbing my arms to stop shivering.

"Dad?"

---------------------------------------------

A/N

Hey!

Ooh, cliffhanger!!

Thanks for 200+ Reads!

It's the summer holidays in a week, so I should be able to upload more often! yay!

If you like the vamps, please check out my other two fanfictions, 'birthday wishes' and 'the vamps plus one'

Please vote/comment

B x