Dear Self

Dear self,

I never imagined you going this far and it's been years since you last begged for yourself in front of the mirror to stay alive. You have been brutally damaged then lost yourself when you tried to love the world. Right now, I want you to know that I forgive you for being so cruel to yourself that you have forgotten how important self-love is. I forgive you for all those nights when your demons tried to take over and started blaming yourself for even existing. I forgive you for leaving those suicide notes on your mom's table and your best friend's bed before running away to an abandoned place. I forgive you for giving yourself away just to fill other people's emptiness. And I forgive you for isolating yourself from everyone else who really cared because you were so scared of being left alone all again and you thought it'd be better to shut them out.

You have been fighting for so long and I admire you for that.

Thank you for going back to where you came from after you tried to change who you really are just to fit in with those who didn't understand you. I'm so happy you're still here being a light to the world and don't you forget your promises and dreams.

I am so proud of you, self

for holding on and being so kind to those who don't even deserve it. You are someone else's hope and greatest blessing. We are almost done winning this war, so let's continue fighting this.

By: Ivette