4. Unexpected Love

"What the hell is this Zara?" Hammad shouted from the top of his lungs.

"I can't tell about hell because I've never been there." Zara calmly replied, tugging her wild hair strand behind her ear.

"Don't act smart." Hammad pointed his finger towards her, furious at her behavior.

"I don't need to act smart. I was born smart." She again calmly replied and lit the last candle on the table.

"Zara, you are getting on my nerves." Hammad said, this time annoyed and helpless at the same time.

"That's fine if those nerves will send me to your heart." Zara's reply caused havoc in Hammad's head.

"What? You have been acting strange these past days because you have this stupid thing going in your head and this candle light dinner is part of it." Hammad asked her as if expecting her to deny his doubt.

"Yes, and for your kind information you don't have any right to call my genuine feelings 'stupid thing'." Zara was angry now.

She has been trying for so many days to deliver her feelings with her every act but the dumb man was acting all oblivious to it. So she thought to arrange a candle light dinner and she thought he will get her point but instead of it he started to play question answer game.

"Listen Zara, you are a teenager and I should not blame you. It happens in your age. We develop sort of infatuation...." Hammad was trying to explain kindly his teenager theory when Zara stopped him on the middle of his speech.

"Hammad, what I feel for you is not infatuation neither a pity. It's more than that. I love you Hammad." Saying that she hugged him tightly.

She thought it was now or never.

"Zara, have you lost your mind?" Hammad shouted angrily and pushed her.

She stumbled back and tripped on her long dupatta and fell down, hitting her head on the corner of the table.

"Aaaaah....." A painful shriek escaped from her throat.

"Zaraaaa." Hammad came towards her as fast as he could and sat beside her.

"I'm sorry." Hammad mumbled whilst examining her forehead.

It wasn't a big injury but the way Zara was twisting her face in pain, he knew it was painful.

He called his family doctor and hours later, Zara was bandaged and now she was laying on her bed.

" I'm sorry Zara. I really didn't mean it." Hammad was ashamed of his act.

"Hammad, please leave my room." She said and turned her back towards him.

The way Hammad had pushed her away from him, she couldn't erase that moment.

It was more painful for her than the apparent injury.

She was strong willed girl, she has always been but she was scared to lose him. She was scared, she might not be able to save her marriage.

________________

Hammad came out of her room and unintentionally, his feet moved towards the dining, where a beautiful candle light dinner was arranged.

It's been almost twenty five days of their marriage.

Zara has been acting strangely around him from almost twenty days.

She was giving him healthy food, his medicines on time. She was even bearing his mood swings without complaining.

He didn't know before that she could be that responsible and would know how to cook, clean or other household chores. He witnessed a completely different person within these twenty days, unlike her old tomboy type image.