♤Chapter 32

*Emma's P.O.V.*

Home was almost a terrifying concept until yelling and many threats to our track phones, we decided it best if we went home. Gia didn't want to, I could feel it.

Gerri was in the back seat holding Cameron. They snuggled chest to chest and it was undoubtedly cute. We all were exhausted, I was still in the shirt Gia gave me, along with a pair of her basketball shorts. They were big on me but fit well enough.

I was snuggled up in her arms and she kissed my head every once in a while I found myself too worked up to sleep like Cameron, so peacefully.

The driver, Paxton, pulled up slowly to our home and my heart dropped as I saw all the lights on. The sun hadn't even risen yet and it suddenly the idea to spend the night with my girlfriend felt so stupidly destructive. We parted ways quite quickly, with lingering kisses and needy hugs.

When the car was gone, Cam and I slowly unlocked the door and pushed into the house.

When the door closed we tiptoed I to the house but that and silence was destroyed with yelling as we made It to the living room.

"What the hell don't you get about about being grounded!"

"BuBy-" I tried but nothing came after that. My brain was too tired to defend itself. My head was starting to pound.

I looked around the room but I didn't see my other dad. My thoughts voiced themselves.
"Where's Dad?"

Cam huffed and dropped down on the couch, she checked out as soon as BuBy opened his mouth.
The tension in the room increased by ten and I frowned.
Everyone seemed to retract but before I could ask what the hell was happening, Mommy spoke up.

"The hospital, she was attacked working her late shift at the docks."

My mind shifted and froze and then cramped up trying to figure out what was happening.

I shook my head, "What, attacked, by who, that doesn't happen here?"

Who would attack my dad?

She might be hot headed but she doesn't do anything.

Is she okay?

"Is she okay?" Cam spoke my mind standing up from the seat now wide awake. The world seemed to be moving too fast and too slow all at once. Everything was being said but nothing was making sense. 

"All we know is that she was doing her last shift after I left, like usually. She was with Honbyn a college, he was found dead,"

"DEAD, THEY TRIED-"

"No, but they beat her up pretty badly though. They're saying it was a robbery gone wrong, the police can't figure out who it was. So far all they know is that it was more than one person maybe a group even," Momma said holding on to BuBy.

Cameron seemed to just lose cool all together, "So why are we here, whu aren't we with her! Let's go!"

"She wanted to make sure you guys were okay," Momma grabbed her keys and purse. She ran a hand through her long brown hair and I could see the tears that had run down her face. And then my heart kind of caved in and I dropped down to the seat holding my chest.

The beat started to skip and slow down and drag. It made my energy leave me and I couldn't seem to breath properly.

Why would someone do this...

How could that be so evil?

Cam took my hand softly and lead me out of the house while I was in a heavy daze. Everything passed in a blur as I got into the truck.