♤Chapter 30

A/N: Who's your favorite Character? I'm curious😇 – Fev

==========================

*Gia's P.O.V.*

"We're going to murder that bitch," I mumbled to myself and roll my eyes as my cell rang and flashed. Emma was lying on my bed, with her head on my chest. She let me put her hair into two Dutch braids and I gave her a pair of shorts and long sleeve tee shirt. The shorts hung on her and the shirt looked like it was three sizes too big but she looked comfortable and that's all I wanted for her.

I clutched my phone and brought the ringing mess up to my ear,
"This better be good Craft!"

I smiled as Emma played with my fingers and worked on her phone with the other hand at the same time.

"Emergency meeting, we have a current location and more plans on Honbyn." His voice was smooth and I could hear the hints of irritation.

The call ended and I knew then that my attendance wasn't an option, there's obviously a strike in place. I huffed and Emma looked up at me as I sat up. She slid off and stared when I rolled out of bed and started to take my socks off. I was already in a bra and pair of boxers, it had become habit what with my hectic schedules, I'm often in and out of a shirt and tie.

I strolled to my wardrobe and pulled put a white shirt that I flung on and started to button up.

"And where are you going?" She followed me out of the bed. I snatched a pair of black pants out of their labeled section and threw my legs into them. I quickly did the double button and zipped them up.

"I have an emergency family meeting to attend," I shook my head and I stuffed my shirt into my pants. I usually default to a military truck, but I don't feel like spending too much time on an outfit that's undoubtedly about to have a dead man's blood on it.

When I looked up again she wasn't I  front of me anymore but she was pulling the draw labeled for my ties open. She studied the ombre from light grey all the way to absolutely black. From matte to silk [which off the record can be extremely tacky of worn incorrectly]. She let her fingers slide over a thin black one before picking it up and looping it around my neck.

She took no time to tie a perfect half Windsor knot and it stopped my in my tracks when she tightened it around my neck for me.

"Where did you learn that?"

She smiled shyly and took my wrists in her small hands and started to do my cuffs up,
"I have two dads, It'd be a shame if I didn't have a clue about at least a little bit of men's fashion."

He eyes sparked as she lifted on her toes to kiss me. I pecked her lips and I snagged a pair of black socks from a drawer. I dropped to the floor and yanked them on and  when I was fixing them onto my feet, I didn't even notice Emma's padding footsteps. By the time my eyes were back up she was was a hop and skip away from me carrying my black derby's, my favorite shoe to work in.

I took them with a smile and peck on her hand and quickly slid them on. When I stood up she was there to kiss me one more time before I grabbed my leather jacket. I snagged my wallet and keys before I played my hand in the print scanner of the wardrobe mirror.  Behind the reflective glass I could a see a flash of green and the door popped open engulfing the air that gets pushed out upon it's close.

I heard a gasp then I felt Emma creeping closer as I smirked to myself. I ran my finger over my precious weapons and smiled a little brighter.

I grabbed my front, center gun, and pushed it Into the back band of my pants. I chucked a stiletto blade into my front pocket before closing the safe.