C H A P T E R 2 4

Start from the beginning

Gratefully she believed me, and I was doing much better about this anyways unlike before of course. So we made our way back and ended up discussing about what we should do for the nikkah, time is going so much faster than I had anticipated. 

We ended up settling on a theme, it was going to be silver blue and darkish white-grey if that made anysense. I had already chosen the outfit with my mom, we were just getting something tailored, fixed and all those interesting stuff. The cards were all ready and made, and that was one reason why all the girls were here. they wanted to see the cards!

I took it out from my huge bag, and there eyes popped open. It was indeed gorgeous, it had ice blue writing on it with a velvet white feel to the card, and the packaging was absolutely gorgeous. The girls were mesmerized, and kept talking about how they would want it like this and that on their wedding. It was pretty hyped up, i mean you know weddings. That is how we spent our afternoon till forever in the evening, I occasionally felt bad for sitting at this cafe for a long time, so I would order some snacks and coffee of course, you know gotta respect the owners.

---

the night fell in and we finally left the cafe place. "thank you for the latte" I yelled back as we exited the store.

"should we get something to eat?" Maheen asked, "starving..."

"it's late, and I got an early shift tomorrow" I sighed, the girls immediately made an obvious excuse that they were busy as well.

Upon saying our good byes we finally made our way back towards our houses, Zayna and I lived extremely near each other so we were the two that ended up walking late at night. our walk pretty much consisted of random topics over conversation, with small periods of silents in between, the pretty usual you see. The air was breezy and summery, had the perfect hint of chill, but at the same time protective and warm. The clouds hovered over the sky, hiding the moon within, it was silent, really silent until something weird happened. Something had whooshed past me causing me to fall harshly onto the ground, zayna gasped in fear and quickly grabbed me. I was so unaware about everything, that it was so fast and and odd until I felt something in my hands. A paper like feeling, slowly looking down my heart started to race as I saw some sort of sheet wrapped up in a ball within the palms of my hands.

"Aiyla... are you okay, oh my god" Zayna caught me off guard.

It was so in the moment, I did not know what to say. "yes... I am fine, I have no idea what that was, probably an aminal" I giggled getting up. Before she could see anything, I quickly shoved the peace of paper inside my pockets and ignored it until I had reached home. The whole way back home, my eyes were cautiously gauging out around me, trying to see if anyone was stalking me, there were many times where I had the urge to tell zayna what the heck was going on, but I wasn't so sure... maybe I fell and I landed on this piece of paper. All these thoughts, assumptions, and scenarios crippled around me, exhausting me to the point I had no idea what Zayna was talking about.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I finally saw my house. "okay sis, I will see you later, allah hafiz" Zayna squeezed me into a hug.

"allah hafiz girl! see you tomorrow" I yelled back as we departed our ways.

Too scared, I ran for my life inside the house and shut the door behind me. "Aiylah, you were so late" my uncle/mamu called out.

"y-yeah... just planning you know" I panted, trying to catch my breath. Clearly, this indicated that I had to start working out again, I lost my breath from running a meter to my house, maybe the fear of someone behind me and attacking me again kept lingering within the pit of my stomach, so I couldn't even think of anything...