The light in the darkness

Light beams bursted out the gem, blinding nearby enemies. It was so bright I had to cover my eyes. Asta held onto me with one hand and covered his eyes with the other.

"Your turn Pluto!" Yelled the girl.

"Right!" The light was extinguished almost as quickly as it lit. Darkness swept across the ground, traveling up enemies and dragging them into it's deep, cold, depths. I uncovered my eyes, only seeing lingering black smoke fading back into the boys grimoire. The field was empty, despite us and a few lingering bad mages.

"Whoa......Lunar who are they...?"

"My twin siblings. This is Sunshine and that's Pluto."

"Hi!" Sunshine skipped over and shook my hand like a mad man. "It's a pleasure!"

"Uhhh....hi...."

"Sup." Pluto shuffled over and waved.

"That was....EPIC." Asta said. I don't even think he cared he was bleeding anymore.

"Asta be calm. "

"Where is my brother." Leopold questioned. We all looked around at the carnage. Dad, mages in matching cult like robes surrounded us. We were tired but we knew we had to fight.

"We have company..." Venus said. 

"Alright everyone! Get close. I can heal all of us and we'll kick their asses!" I said. Leopold was flaring up, more than ready to continue fighting.

Remember that pin faced ass? He came back. His stupid bubbling portal thing appeared in the air getting our attention and that's when....

Thud.

"CAPTAIN!!"

We stared in horror at the body of Captain Fuegoleon on the ground. Celeste and Leopold pushed past us and rushed to their captains side. I was filled with fear. Asta was pissed. So was Leopold.

"WHO DID THIS TO MY BROTHER!!" Leopold shouted. He flared up and went to attack the pin faced man. One of the cult mages flung him against a wall, knocking him out. I rushed over to Captain Fuegy's side. His right arm was completely gone. His grimoire was starting to burn away.

"Shit. " I flipped open mine and tried to find the best spell I had. I started healing him, at least to a point where the grimoire stopped burning away. I tried to help him as much as I could. Noelle stood by me, trying to stop the blood.  

"I SWEAR! YOU CAN THROW ANYTHING YOU WANT AT ME! I'LL TAKE IT ALL ON! I WILL NOT HESITATE TO KICK YOUR ASSES!" Asta yelled. The other Magic Knights stood around us, protecting us from the baddies. I know, kinda an immature way of explaining but still.

The cult mages blasted their magic at Asta, annoyed. He easily got rid of that with his anti-magic sword.  

"Kill him already!" Yelled Rades.

"I'D LIKE TO SEE YOU TRY!"

"Asta! Think clearly!" I yelled.

"..Right...Captain Fuegoleon told me the same thing....Keep a calm head....right...i'll keep calm..WHILE I KICK YOUR ASSES! BRING IT ON!"

"FLAME MAGIC, EXPLODING FLAMES!" Fire balls zoomed towards the hooded mages, exploding. I looked to see Leopold with his grimoire open, beyond mad now. " You think I'm going to let you people throw your weight around? After what you did to my brother!?"

"...Leo..." Celeste muttered. She's been in the Crimson Lions longer than him, but never saw him this way before.

"let me join you my rival!" He shouted. Asta smirked and swung his sword at one of the mages.

"SURE! Go right ahead!"

Both of them were giving it their all. It was amazing. They were hurt sure, but that didn't stop them at all.

"... they're amazing...." I whispered. All the other Knights were protecting Noelle and I.

"Kill them all!" Rades shouted. All the hooded mages attack us at once. It even caught Asta off by surprise. I didn't know what was going to happen. All seemed lost until I heard what sounded like a rushing stream and looked up to see water swirling around all of us knights.

"Noelle!" Asta yelled. Noelle was now on her feet, using her magic to protect us.

"Damn it Asta! You need to be more observant! Their attack would have hit us!"

"Ha! Great job with the shield. You're getting strong!"

Noelle blushed and shook her head.

"I don't need praise from someone like you!" Noelle flicked her want and blasted one of the mages with water. I watched all my friends fight as I continued trying to heal Captain Fugeoleon. I wasn't able to make anymore progress than to stop the bleeding.

"This isn't working." One of the mages said.

"Strategic retreat." Said another. The bubbling portals started swallowing up the mages one by one till only Rades was left.

"Ha! Don't think you've won yet! We'll finish you off soon!"

"RADES!" Asta took off running towards the undead using mage. He wasn't fast enough to get there in time but he refused to give up, so he did the next best thing. Asta pulled another sword from his grimoire and threw it into the bubbling portal. The black tar mass disappeared leaving Rades defenseless. Asta knocked him out with a punch. After that the captains of the other squads showed up. Captain Yami was complaining until he noticed Captain Fugey's body. I was shaking, not from fear, but from shame and disappointment in myself.
After that we kinda just....left....

I know that what you heard was more so the speed run but I figured my side would help too. Plus I kind of needed to discuss it...or....vent I guess....I don't think I'll ever be like mom. I couldn't even heal Captain Fugey....what kind of healing mage am I then?

Anyway, I've gone on long enough. I'll train more to try and get stronger that way I won't be a burden to my team. Talk to you soon.

         Love, Freddi.