Chapter 52

Don't forget to vote and follow me <3
~~

*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep*

I slowly open my eyes. Looking around me, I was in a room. The walls were white and the lights fluorescent. The sound of the beeping came from the left side of me. It was a machine that hooked up to me.

It took me a second to realize I was in the pack hospital room. I was wearing one of the hospital gowns. An IV was hooked to my arm and something hooked to my finger.

I tried sitting up but my whole body was utterly sore. I couldn't move without feeling like I was about to scream my head off from the pain.

I lifted up the gown a little. My stomach was wrapped with some kind of gauze. I put it back down, putting my hand to my throbbing head.

Everything felt so distant.

"You're awake." I look up, watching as my dad walked into the room. He held a cup of what I assume was coffee in his hands. He wore a gray hoodie and some sweatpants. He had his glasses on and he looked like he had just woken up.

"Dad? What happened? Where's Derek?" He smiled, grabbing a nearby chair and placing it besides the bed.

"A lot has happened Allison but we can talk about it later. You need to rest."

I shake my head. "I just woke up. I'm rested. Now, where is Derek?" I was dying to see him.

I couldn't remember everything completely but I do remember Kelly and her taking me. I remember seeing Derek and crying.

I needed to see him. I had to.

"He'll be here soon. He's just cleaning up."

"How about Kelly? Where is she? Is she dead?" He gave me a sad smile.

"Allison- I'm not going to say anything until Derek can speak to you. I'm just here to make sure you get to rest and that you're fine."

I lean back, giving up. My dad wasn't going to answer anything.

"I'm hungry." I murmur.

"I know. But we can't feed you until you've healed completely. But good news! Since you do have werewolf blood you are healing pretty quickly the doctor said. He said you should be healed very soon. Though because you are human you still will need a lot of rest and no doing anything big." He points out.

I nod though I was mainly ignoring him. I just wanted to see Derek.

I narrow my eyes suddenly.

"Dad... where is mom?" I assumed she'd be the first one by my side making sure I had everything. Was she still mad at me for freaking out on her at dinner? If so couldn't she just get over it? I mean considering the circumstances.

I look over at my dad, he looked down and didn't answer.

"I'll tell you everything but now, please just rest. I'll go find Derek." Before I can even respond he left the room.

I laid there completely take back and confused. Where was my mom? And why wasn't my dad telling me anything? It was obvious he was hiding something from me!

God this whole week had been overwhelming. Here I was- unexpectedly alive. I thought one way or another I'd end up dead in this whole scenario. Whether I got to talk Derek into keeping his pack and Kelly just killing me on the scene or me doing it for them. I just never thought it'd all come down to this.

On top of it all I was willing to hurt myself, maybe even kill myself all to save the pack I've claimed as my own. Who would have thought?

I came here thinking my life would be different. That I'd be a human amongst werewolves and now I'm their Luna. I care for this pack- I have to. I've grown attached to it without even realizing I have.