Chapter 50

Wow, guys! We are at the 50th chapter! Wth?! That's so freaking crazy! Well enjoy the chapter and don't forget to vote!!

~~~

Things had felt a bit weird since the other night with Derek. Of course, I was the only one that found it weird though. Being so vulnerable around Derek felt unusual.

Honestly, I have no idea how I'm going to get used to being with him and allowing myself to be so bare around him. It was definitely something that would have to take some time to get used to.

Luckily Derek hadn't mentioned what happened, he had just questioned if I was alright the next morning but nothing more.

Thankfully he wasn't a person that pried.

I hadn't spoken to my mother since we went over for dinner. I wasn't sure why she felt the need to get into my business? To ask questions that didn't concern her! I know she is my mother but come on, isn't there a limit?

"Going for a run again?" I look up from tying my shoes. Derek leaned on the bedroom door frame, his arms crossed over his chest.

I nod, looking back at my shoes as I tied them.

I stood up, adjusting my tank top before grabbing my hoodie and putting it on.

It always got pretty chilly outside when the sun started to go down.

"I'll be back soon." I was about to walk past him when he stepped in front of me, blocking me from walking out.

Before I can question what he was doing, he grabbed my chin and leaned in, his lips against mine.

Kissing him was something I'd never get used to. It was weird to kiss him yet so amazing at the same time. In a way, I knew I would never get enough of him.

I put my hand on his face as I leaned up on my tippy toes, kissing him with more force.

Lately, it had been kind of harder to control my hormones when it came to him. It was like after getting a taste of something sweet, you want to just come back for more.

"Be quick." He whispers, leaning away. I smile, looking down.

"Will do." With that, I walked past him and downstairs.

I found that ever since I "officially" became Luna, it was harder to go outside of the pack house without having to talk to literally everyone in sight.

Luckily I had come up with some good solutions. I got up at 10 am when most of the pack is training, and I go on my morning run. If I want to go outside or even go on a walk after that I have to wait for around 6, when most families are having dinner or just inside for the day.

Was I trying to avoid people? Well yes and no. I was just trying to have more time for myself, which I'm starting to understand is hard when you're the Luna, not to mention all the drama and gossip that comes with it!

Who knew werewolves liked to gossip and drama? Definitely not me!

I got outside, a cool wind blowing past me, the leaves flowing with it.

Just in that second, the sky growled with thunder. I put my headphones in and my hood up before beginning my path down the usual way I went, past most of the houses and towards a nearby stream.

I found that running cleared my mind and took me away from most of my stresses.

It knew slowly being a luna and mate to Derek, it'd become easier, and it honestly was, but it didn't mean there weren't days where I felt like I just couldn't do it!